*** Headlines ***
- The influence of the gods of Fear and Valor can be felt permeating through Norrath!
- New mysteries await your discovery in Nektropos Castle: Tribulation!
- Embark on new guild raids to earn status, learn valuable tactics, and gear up!
- Through your noble efforts (or dirty deeds), unlock access to blackmarket fences on PvP servers!
- Your leaders have ordered new maps scribed for both cities’ adventure yards!
*** The Hand of the Gods ***
- The influence of the gods grows stronger on Norrath as the prophets of Valor and Fear call upon the faithful for assistance.
Meet Sir Bayden Cauldthorn, Knight of Valor, in the Commonlands near the entrance to the Freeport Graveyard.
- Danak Dhorentath and the minions of Fear have excavated an ancient cave in the Feerrott, near the Temple of Cazic-Thule. Even the bravest adventurer may gasp when setting eyes upon the terrors within this long-lost cavern.
*** Nektropos Castle: Tribulation ***
- Whispers abound of strange occurrences near Nektropos Castle. Some claim to have heard the spirit of Lord Everling himself calling out.
Rumor has it that recent earthquakes have uncovered burial chambers near this haunted ruin. Perhaps exploration of one such unearthed crypt near the castle could reveal more information.
Venture through Nektulos Forest to Nektropos Castle and unravel the mysteries... if you dare!
This new journey through one of our most popular landmarks is intended to provide a challenge for a full group of level 70 characters.
*** City Guild Raid Revamp ***
- Guild raids offered by the cities have been completely redesigned to teach some of the fundamentals of raiding, as well as providing a fun way to earn guild status.
Each raid is intended for two groups and will scale according to your raid's level.
Progressively conquer a series of raids that will help you learn new tactics, as each involves new challenges not encountered in the previous raid.
- The raids must initially be done in sequence. In order to advance to the second raid, you must complete the first; to get to the third, you must complete the second; and so on. After completing all five new raids, you will be able to go back and undertake them again in any order.
Defeating the bosses in these raids awards guild status. In addition, item rewards for defeating the bosses vary based on your level range.
Up to level 50, bosses drop rare tradeskill harvests, recipe books, and spell scrolls.
Above level 50, bosses have a chance to drop armor molds or patterns.
Armor molds and patterns indicate whether they can be made into cloth, leather, chain, or plate armor. Examining the mold/pattern gives a quest. Upon turning the item in to a Quartermaster, you can choose a piece of armor suitable to your class.
There are two different levels of molds and patterns that drop: one from bosses around 50 to 60, and the other from bosses that are around 60 to 70.
- The resulting armor is of Legendary quality and is intended to be basic gear useful for those starting to raid more challenging targets. It provides good stats and resists rather than fancy item effects.
To undertake these new adventures, combine two groups into a raid and speak with City Registrar Glamis in Freeport or Royal Accountant Fowler in Qeynos. They will direct your raid members to the portal mages standing near the doors that will take you to your destination.
Note: A single raid can have some members enter from Qeynos and others from Freeport. As long as at least one raid member in each city has the same quest, raid members in both cities should enter the same instance.
*** PvP Fences ***
- You can now work for your side to employ fences (brokers carrying goods from the opposing city) in the Commonlands or Antonica, or get rid of a fence from the opposition's territory.
- To banish the enemy's fence, you must either kill its guards or complete your own fence quest.
Ifrit Jankus of East Freeport and Banderspark of Qeynos Harbor are seeking assistance from players to reinstate the operations of G`Thal and Fuddlesprock.
Note that you must be level 10 or above to interact with the fence.
This is the first quest in EverQuest II that requires you to kill other players!
*** Maps ***
By order of Queen Antonia Bayle, adventurers are hereby supplied with maps to the yards around the city of Qeynos. These include Oakmyst Forest, the Caves, the Peat Bog, and the Forest Ruins.
Not to be outdone, the Overlord has commanded that maps be scribed for the Graveyard, the Sunken City, the Sprawl, and the Ruins.
*** Player-versus-Player ***
Fallen Dynasty items with aggro modifying effects will now function properly in PvP combat.
Additional respawn points have been added to the following 40+ zones: Everfrost, Lavastorm, the Feerrott, the Sinking Sands, Tenebrous Tangle, the Barren Sky, and Bonemire.
- The effects of the Unity Band will now trigger off other damage types besides cold based spells.
*** Quests ***
- The Narin Heirloom quest has been fixed. V'Tal's brother can once more be found in Fallen Gate but he is no longer triggered and not in the same spot he once was. The level of the quest has been increased, it is now heroic, and a reward has been added.
"Tablets of the Blademaster" quest helper text should now be more descriptive.
- The Glowing Black Stone heritage quest should now accept either a palladium bangle or a pristine fashioned palladium torque.
- Residents of Beggar's Court who had completed the "Big Trouble..." quest and stopped talking to Durio Dexus should now be offered his next quest after speaking to him.
- There are some new quests available in the Commonlands for curious adventurers. Speak with Springview Healer Hanif or Tiff Squeelunkle for more information.
*** Items ***
- Mastercrafted (rare tradeskilled) Armor, Weapons, and some treasured items have had an increase in mitigation and damage values applied to them.
You must now be level 60 in order to use Volatile Fluid from the Halls of Fate.
- Relic patterns will now drop in fabled chests.
Chirurgeon's Scalpel is now piercing instead of slashing.
Grotrot the Flayer is now piercing.
Ardevaas the Render now has a weapon type.
The deflection on the Tom of Dark Knowledge has been changed to disruption.
The Signet of Replenishment now replenishes power when low on/out of power
Tranquil Wind Bracers are now cloth rather than leather.
The food and drink sold at the Drednever Expedition in the Bonemire should now be of the appropriate level.
Clawed Basilisk Boots should now proc properly.
Chiller Bombs should now hurt their targets instead of heal them.
Hex dolls now use Magic resistance instead of Heat to determine success chances of landing on target.
Hex dolls that decrease resistances or attributes were adjusted to scale appropriately for their level.
The Sergeant's Scimitar should now work properly for those who can wield it.
Dragonhide Tomes are now equippable at level 62.
Harvesting Tools will no longer spam you when you zone or unequip them.
Cobalt Reverent Boots now have the correct appearance.
Harvesting Tool buffs no longer stack.
*** Zones and Population ****
- Zone reuse timers are being modified to have greater consistency. Reuse timers will now follow these guidelines:
- Small solo zone: No fail timer | 4 hour success timer
- Large solo zone: No fail timer | 8 hour success timer
- Group zone: No fail timer | 18 hour success timer
- Small raid zone: 8 hour fail timer | 3 day, 20 hour success timer
- Large raid zone: 12 hour fail timer | 5 day, 20 hour success timer
- Pets should now be able to once again attack Chieftain Merzog in Fallen Gate if he hasn't moved from the spot he initially appears.
- A number of mobs associated with dynamic camps (ring events) in Tenebrous Tangle have been made uncharmable to prevent certain situations that may break the events.
- Mobs associated with dynamic camps in Everfrost (such as Bloodhorn and Webclaw's events) have been made no-charm to reduce the possibility of the events breaking. This has also been applied to "the Prophet" dynamic camp in Sinking Sands.
- After building the store of eggs needed for training the griffon tamers and griffons have moved into their towers within the Thundering Steppes and Nektulos Forest.
- Velociraptors should no longer use stealth.
- Merchants in Maj'Dul are no longer random and will include all types of merchants. Their goods will also scale to your level similar to those in Qeynos or Freeport.
- Reviving in Blackburrow and Stormhold now place you at the front of those dungeons.
- Due to a rigorous training program enforced by the Queen, guards in Antonica are now a bit more heroic.
*** Combat ***
- Social creatures will no longer respond to calls for help from other NPCs if they are already busy fighting or while they are returning home after a battle.
Shadowknight: Dark Caress: Removed summoning of tainted essences as a proc.
- Shadowknight: Tainted Sacrament: Removed spell component cost.
- Shadowknight: Unholy Hunger: Deals disease instead of divine damage.
- Paladin: Penitent Sacrament: Removed spell component cost.
Paladin: Blessing of the Penitent: Removed summoning of spell component as a proc.
- Warden: Willow: Root component no longer affects Epic targets.
*** Tradeskills ***
- Any of the Crafting Trainers in Freeport, Haven, or Qeynos can certify characters for their crafting class and specialty. The message received at levels 9 and 19 have been modified to make this clearer. The old certification NPCs can still be used and they now have the Crafting Trainer purpose tag. Also note that you can no longer accrue additional experience into levels 10 and 20. You can no longer get to level 9 with 200% XP then have that carry over into 10, for example.
- The amount of fuel needed for Wild Apple Juice was reduced from 3 to 1.
- Pugilist's Fists Wraps will now list Raw Rawhide Leather as their primary component.
- Pontiff's armor will now have a description of Raw Rawhide Leather.
- Spirit Totem of the Carnivorous Plant can now be only be equipped by level 60+ characters.
- A number of recipes that would previously show the item stats for the crude product will now show you what a pristine product will look like instead.
- The Maj'Dul Coffee recipe now uses the correct amount of fuel.
Recipes found in Tailoring Essentials Volume 64 should now all be level 64.
*** User Interface ***
You can once again /raidinvite a group leader that is in a different zone.
- The amount of guild status you contribute when you gain personal status should now display correctly.
- The number of accounts currently in your guild will again update properly as players are added or removed from the guild.
Created: 2006-08-09 12:22:43
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2006-08-09 12:22:43
© 2003-17 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Sony Online Entertainment LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.