Game Update #41 December / 12 / 2007
Happy Frostfell, Norrath! Visit the Gigglegibbers Gh'lad Tydingz and G'shugahplum in South Freeport, North Qeynos, Kelethin, Neriak or Gorowyn for some holiday quests and the chance to earn a Frostfell tree and wreath.
Enter the Magic Closet in Qeynos Harbor, West Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Neriak or Gorowyn to travel to the Frostfell Wonderland Village. Here you can gather presents to craft wondrous Frostfell goodies, see if reindeer really know how to fly, purchase Frostfell goods, and even assist Mr. McScroogle and Queen Bunny with some important tasks.
Don't forget to log in each day and claim your extra-special Frostfell present from everyone's favorite Frostfell elf, Gardy Giftgiver!
- You can now store an Achievement Profile in your home, using a device crafted
from a primary component obtained in high level dungeons.
- You can store one profile per device, and they are usable from within your
- High level crafters in good standing with their respective tradeskill societies
will be able to acquire this recipe from their city's local tradeskill faction
- The finished device cannot be traded and will need to be crafted using
the commission crafting system if you are not a high level crafter. (See the
tradeskills forum for reminders on how commission crafting works.)
- The militaristic language of the Gorowyn Sarnak, Gorwish, is now available
for purchase! Check with a nearby language vendor to see if they have managed
to find the new Gorwish Language Primer.
- You can now resist the damage done by most lava. But be careful! Some areas
of lava may be more potent than others.
- Casting a beneficial spell on a hostile target without a target should
now target the caster instead.
ABILITIES, SPELLS, and COMBAT ARTS
- Drag will no longer allow Bruisers to drag "stationary" objects.
- Intervene should now be included on the fighter training skill merchants
- Conjurors and Necromancers will now receive a new spell to shrink their
primary pets' size.
- Brawler and Necromancer feign death spells can now be toggled off, and
no longer have to be explicitly right-click cancelled.
- Fixed an issue with Swashbucklers' Sleight of Hand and added additional
hate reduce or hate gain for the target of the spell
- Ratonga - Instruments of the Underfoot should now properly benefit weaponsmithing.
- Doppleganger - The pet will now mitigate damage which should make it last
longer in raid situations.
- The Troubador 'of Magnetism' set now increases the proc effect by the mentioned
amount, a 5% upgrade should be visible upon equipping the armor.
- Slight modification has been made to the damage range on Trakanasaur's
Tooth. It will no longer have quite as wide of a swing in damage variance.
- Tribunal, Bertoxxulous, and Karana deity cloaks now have appropriate deity
- Cockatrice housepets now have additional interactions.
- The Pocket Golem will no longer be quite as powerful as it once was.
- The Mace of the Eluded and The Lava Etched Leaf Blade are now classified
as One Handed.
- Virtue's Guard is now a Buckler, and adds +Combat Arts damage.
- Pestilence will now trigger off any hostile spell damage, regardless of
damage type while using Tearful Soulspear.
- The Residents of Teren's Grasp will now take notice of your amiable deeds
and conduct business with you earlier.
- Some merchants in Kunark have discovered new equipment, which they will
guardedly sell only to their most trusted allies.
- Deputy Nettlebrine will now update the quest "Surveyor Says"
if the quest "A Thousand Words." is in the same quest journal.
- Pen Keeper Valjik in Fens of Nathsar has discovered that more spotted budlings
are necessary for her to make an effective frog stew. Luckily, many more of
the budlings have been seen growing throughout the Swamp of No Hope.
- The budlings required for the quest "Frog Stew" now grow a bit
larger, which will hopefully make them easier to spot.
- Removed the requirement to examine the packet of plant food while in New
Tunaria while on the quest "Interception". You should now be able
to examine the packet in any zone.
- Caretaker Velshin in Gorowyn now will direct new citizens of Gorowyn to
their housing in the Wards.
- Classes that can use the Reclaimer's Buckler should now be able to see
it as a reward upon completing the appropriate quest.
- Keeper Chorwin in Gorowyn now stocks egg warmers.
- Those who accepted "Cut the Head from the Beast" before completing
"Lambs to the Slaughter" should no longer find themselves gated.
- Those who accepted "Danger Zone" from Ireka Nazan before completing
"Deliver the Lunch Pails" should no longer find themselves gated
- The blyzurite nodes should now be more plentiful and faster to respawn
while on the quest "Queue's Blyzurite".
- Final Retrieval: There are now instructions on where the Di'Zok intelligence
is in the quest journal.
- Project Xakhiz: It is no longer necessary to "wrangle" the coerced
mudfin. Instead, merely netting it will automatically "wrangle"
it after a period of 5 seconds.
- You can no longer receive Ganak's Phylactery to spawn Dominus Ganak..
- The totems set up by the spirocs in Butcherblock Mountains should no longer
mysteriously vanish when the surrounding spirocs are defeated.
- The spiroc emissary and the aviak emissary, both found in Butcherblock
Mountains, should no longer show as Heroic encounters.
- The NPC "Borgil" is less greedy if you decide to pay him to use
- Field Chief Ry'zilk's fourth quest should no longer be given out before
his third quest is completed.
- Taskmaster Gax's third quest should no longer be given out before his second
quest is completed.
- Sonjaz Manx should no longer respond to invisible characters
- Minegineers in the Mines of Nurga will activate their diabolical creations
from further away now.
- Hammin, found in the Bellywhumper Burrows, has given the family trading
business over to his son, Blugie.
- Deposits of Pi'ter Sahlt and submerged lost coins should be easier to spot
- Gorowyn citizens should now be allowed to do some of the quests they were
previously barred from in Feerrott.
- It is no longer possible to share the quests: "A Strange Creature,"
"Another Strange Creature," "Yet Another Strange Creature."
- Anaphylaxis and Veeshan's Feast should now drop quest item updates to all
party members rather than a single group member.
- Shaman Medicus can now create more than one spiritual projection at a time,
thus allowing multiple adventurers a chance to guide his spiritual projection
out of Skyfire.
- Clicking a collection item in your quest journal will now submit a search
for that item while in a broker transaction.
- Armorers and Tailors have discovered ways to improve the quality of mastercrafted
armor across all level ranges.
- Harvest nodes in Kylong Plains now require 340+ skill to harvest, like
all other level 70+ zones.
- You can now harvest under attack.
- A number of tradeskill writ and recipe issues have been addressed
- The carpenter-made redwood streetlamps have been pruned to a more reasonable
- Duggin Brandywine at the Thundering Steppes docks may be looking for a
helping hand from travellers with a talent for harvesting.
- Tradeskill skill-ups will once again increase based on your tradeskill
level and not your adventure level.
- Bathezid, Danak and Riliss recipe books issued can now be destroyed if
you no longer wish to proceed with the writs.
- Carpenters have acquired a couple of festive new recipes, just in time
- PvP - Killing another player will always reward experience now even if
the player has their adventure experience disabled.
- Good players on PvP servers should have somewhere to evac to in the Fens
of Nathsar now.
- Added "Hide Completed" checkbox to collection quest journal window.
- Added right click menu option in the tradeskill window to disable icon
- Tooltips can now be disabled in the tradeskill window.
Created: 2007-12-12 10:13:10
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2007-12-12 10:13:10
© 2003-21 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Darkpaw Games LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Darkpaw Games LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Darkpaw Games LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (Darkpaw Games) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.