This information is from Frostfell 2013 and is information that is only of use during the yearly Frostfell event in EQ2
Shiny boxes all do hide outside cities where mens reside
With that quote from Ginneldarf Gigglegibber, the great chest hunt began. (You may need to have the keys already in your possession before he will verbalize the clue, but you don't need him to tell you the clue if you're reading this article.)
What chest hunt, you ask? Well, it seems that the above-mentioned Ginneldarf, the fuel vendor in the Frostfell crafting instance, sells three key recipes for 1p 20g each. These recipes can only be scribed/crafted by level 90+ crafters, but they can be commissioned. They must be crafted on the Frosftell workbench (which looks like a woodworking table) in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They are lore, no trade.
- A Cheery Key: 3 amethyst, 1 white peony tea leaf, 1 iridium cluster, 2 elven magic
- A Festive Key: 3 iridium cluster, 1 swamp ash lumber, 1 amethyst, 2 holiday cheer
- A Merry Key: 3 rhenium ore, 1 matoppie roots, 1 swamp ash lumber, 2 holiday spirit
And what do those keys go to? Three different chests that contain no-trade crafting stations that can go in your home or guildhall, that can handle Frostfell crafting combines year-round.
|Merry Stove & Keg
- The chests can be seen by anyone, but you need a key to open them.
- The key is consumed when you open the chest.
- In order to get the key recipes, you will have to pick up the quest Frostfell Decorating Committee: Permafrost from Sogs Frostfoot inside the Frostfell Wonderland Village, then it will be a zone option off the Icy Keep door
- Chest locations have been found in zones near home cities
- We do not have spawn times yet, but it seems pretty quick once we know where to look
- Chests can spawn in different locations in the same zone, and each station type can be found in two zones/
- Chests have been found outside all major cities: Commonlands, Antonica, Darklight Woods, Frostfang Sea, Greater Faydark, and Timorous Deep
- Key combines require common T10 mats
- Key recipes are removed from your book as you loot the matching chest. If you want another set of keys on that same character, you will have to place the stations in a home or hall, then buy and scribe new copies of the recipes.
- You can use track harvestables on these (and gnomish divining rods).
- The chests will NOT spawn once Frostfell is over, so if you don't grab them before then, you will be waiting another year for your permanent home Frostfell stations
- The crafting stations themselves, however, once you claim them from the chests, will stick around permanently, and, once placed, can be used by anyone who has visitor access to the home/hall in which they are placed.
The chest that you are looking for looks like the below, with the name being cheery, merry or festive, based on which key is needed.
Hint: notice how "chest" has been typed into the bar near the top of the tracking window? That will make it so that the tracking window will only show the Frostfell chests, if there are any in sensing range. If the tracking window shows nothing while you are in the proper zone, keep the window open and wander around until one pops up on track.
We are starting to get possible locations in for these - as you can see, they can move around a lot, and this isn't meant to be a complete spoiler list, just something to get you started.
- Cheery, Antonica, -120, 7, -117
- Cheery, Antonica, -452, 2, 549 (Claymore)
- Cheery, Antonica, -547, -14, -334 (Argent Keep)
- Cheery, Antonica, -718, -16, 248 (beside cabin)
- Cheery, Antonica, -751, -11, -200
- Cheery, Antonica, -1889, -32, -495 (Windstalker Village)
- Cheery, Antonica, -2121, -45, 424 (Gnollslayer Keep)
- Cheery, Timorous Deep, 678, 157, 121 (Chrykori Isand)
- Cheery, Timorous Deep, 1111, 189, 185
- Cheery, Timorous Deep, 1878, 115, 229
- Cheery, Timorous Deep, 2261, 34, 920
- Cheery, Timorous Deep, -236, 7, 63 (Chrykori Griffin Station)
- Festive, Frostfang Sea, 156, 45, -275
- Festive, Frostfang Sea, 181, 24, 219
- Festive, Frostfang Sea, 242, 36, 184
- Festive, Frostfang Sea, 332, 64, -273
- Festive, Frostfang Sea, 504, 27, -240 (Herga?)
- Festive, Frostfang Sea, 604, 34, -332 (near cave with banker)
- Festive, Frostfang Sea, 620, 66, -518
- Festive, Darklight Woods, 80, -56, 104 (Sableflame Crater)
- Festive, Darklight Woods, 253, -19, 11 (Wanderlust Fair)
- Festive, Darklight Woods, 362, -62, 250 (newbie area)
- Festive, Darklight Woods, 453, -32, -244 (Shadow Oak)
- Festive, Darklight Woods, -363.72,-62.18,251.83
- Festive, Darklight Woods, -358, -50, 28
- Festive, Darklight Woods, -631, -54, -115 (near Neriak Gate
- Merry, Greater Faydark, 365, 130, 379 (Kelethin)
- Merry, Greater Faydark, -117, 4, 72 (near Sapling Spur)
- Merry, Greater Faydark, -117, -43, -821 (Nursery)
- Merry, Greater Faydark, -366, 11, 156 (Spire Shadow Outpost)
- Merry, Greater Faydark, -566, 67, -78 (Crushbone mount station)
- Merry, Greater Faydark, -746.18, 49.66, 282.21 (New Tunaria mount station)
- Merry, Commonlands, 23, -11, 748
- Merry, Commonlands, 390, -46, -820 (near DLW)
- Merry, Commonlands, -428, -45, -291
- Merry, Commonlands, -1051, 144, -635 (docks)
- Merry, Commonlands, -1252, 84, 123
- Merry, Commonlands, -1363, -69, 331
If you find additional locations, please drop Niami on Test an ingame email with the zone and loc. (Alternately, drop Niami Denmother on the SOE forums a PM :D) Thanks! (Some new locs already added after launch ~Mum)
Many, many thanks to the folks who provided extra eyeballs on Test, and who have been sharing information and locations. It made solving this a much saner task!
More general details about other Frostfell 2013 offerings can be found here.
Created: 2013-12-09 10:33:39
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2016-11-22 05:33:18
© 2003-21 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Darkpaw Games LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Darkpaw Games LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Darkpaw Games LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (Darkpaw Games) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.