Rise of Kunark is Here!
To arms! The continent of Kunark has been rediscovered in the waters of the
Timorous Deep! The lich emperor, Venril Sathir, has spent the last 500 years
nearly conquering the breadth of the land, driving the Di’Zok to make
their final stand in the city of Chardok. Suddenly awakened into a hostile world,
the sarnak of Gorowyn have begun to explore not only a vast and varied land,
but also their own mysterious past -- not stopping for anything that might stand
in their way. Will you be able to tame this harsh land, or will you be unable
to stop the Rise of Kunark?
- Most races have had their racial traits improved to be useful from levels
- Along with the new racial traits there is a new way to see what racial
and class traits you can choose now and further along in your adventuring
- By pressing the ‘L’ button you will open a window that contains
three tabs. Two of them are for spending your Achievement points, and the
third is the new “Character Development” tab. Check out this new
tab to see all your options and at what level you will achieve them.
- As a part of the launch of this new system, every existing player will
be able to review and change their character development choices one time.
- Level 20-70 experience gain rate has been smoothed to be more beneficial,
and pre-70 quests now pay out more experience!
- New characters who choose Gorowyn or Kelethin as their home city will be
greeted with a new, in-game, cinematic when they first enter the game.
- Only items in ranged and melee weapon slots can be swapped while in combat.
- Zoom, pan and resizing have been added to the in game map.
- To zoom in use your mouse wheel or the buttons in the lower right corner
of the map.
- Once you are zoomed in you can pan around the map my clicking and dragging
your mouse when the cursor displays as a hand.
- The map window can now be resized just like other UI windows in the game.
- Always wanted a minimap? Now you can make one!
- EverQuest II now boasts all-new adaptive combat music!
- Expect fights to sound differently based on the pace of combat, whether
you're winning or losing, as well as how difficult the fight is
- Turn your combat music back on! It's seriously worth it.
- The daze effect has been removed from Precision of the Maestro.
- Concentration is no longer needed for the Performer’s Talent line.
- Performer’s Talent line will now only trigger on the initial damage
- The Death’s Door line no longer requires concentration.
- The level cap on all primary and secondary tradeskills has been raised
to 80 for players who have purchased the Rise of Kunark expansion.
- New level 70-80 tradeskill recipes are now available for all classes, as
are level 70-79 tradeskill city writs for all starting cities.
- Several new quests are now available in Kunark for higher level crafters
of all adventure levels. Speak to Assistant Jones at the docks in Kylong Plains,
and Taskmaster Greeblentus in Teren’s Grasp to learn how you can assist.
- Several optional new faction paths allow crafters to assist certain factions
within Kunark and earn their trust. Taskmaster Greeblentus can guide you towards
- A new tradeskill faction has entered Norrath with the discovery of Gorowyn:
the Academy of Logistics, bringing more titles for players to earn and new
faction furniture items to be purchased.
- Stack sizes of harvested items have been increased across all level ranges.
- Changes to the crafting UI automatically bring up the reaction arts you
need, and will override your 1-6 keys while the window is up. If you want
to continue using your old hotbars, simply click elsewhere so the crafting
window loses focus.
- Tradeskill delegates now offer a new tradeskill tutorial quest series to
give more information to new crafters (or old ones who would like a refresher).
If you were in the middle of the old tutorial quest series you will find these
autocomplete, and you can pick up the new one.
- Tradeskill reaction arts now auto-upgrade as you level up, no more hunting
in knowledge books to find your latest!
- Tinkerers and transmuters now have 6 reaction arts like other classes.
These still need to be purchased from the appropriate vendors, however.
- Harvesting tools no longer need to be equipped to be used. They do however
still need to be attuned.
- Recipes no longer yield non-pristine products. Instead, if you fail to
create a pristine quality product, your fuel will be returned for handcrafted
recipes, or your rare for mastercrafted. More details can be found in
- Carpenters will find some belated evil furniture items appearing in their
existing recipe books … just in time for a very evil Frostfell?
- Experience granted by tradeskill writs will now scale more smoothly. They
should grant about 5% at higher levels and a bit more at lower levels.
FOUR YEAR VETERAN REWARDS
It's only our third birthday! Why four year veteran rewards already? Remember
that you get 90 days free Veteran Reward time for each expansion that you own.
Four expansions plus three years means new rewards!
A title The Zealous
Your fame has grown. Tales of your exploits have been told among the citizenry
of major cities across Norrath. In the cities, children grow up wanting to
be just like you. Don't be surprised if you're worshipped by all while gracing
them with your presence.
A treasure chest that symbolizes your amassed wealth as an accomplished
citizen of Norrath. Your home city is lucky to have you as a citizen. Placing
one of these items in your home will cause all landlords to give you a 25%
discount on your coin rent.
Mystic Moppet Billy
All that fame and constant recognition can be draining on Norrath's own
superstars. Sometimes it's refreshing to be able to disappear into the background.
You can do so more easily with your own Billy Illusion.
Draft of the Skilled (x3) and Draft of the Wise (x3)
Not that a person of your stature would need such assistance, but famous
people lead busy lives. Any time they can save leads to more time for heroic
deeds and economic exploits. The most advanced adventurers and crafters do
have their public to think about, after all
Created: 2007-11-13 11:57:55
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2007-11-13 11:58:24
© 2003-21 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Darkpaw Games LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Darkpaw Games LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Darkpaw Games LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (Darkpaw Games) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.