The annual celebration of all things tinkering, Tinkerfest, is upon us once again. This year the event will run on live servers* from June 2, 2022 through the end of June 15, 2022.
*Special Rules Server Notes:
- Varsoon - A special Tinkerfest themed merchant, a celebrating tinkerer, and The Shiny Tinkerfest Cog, the currency used to purchase event items, are located in the city of Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District.
- Kaladim - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability): “Blood, Sweat, and Gears”, "Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial", “Hack 'n Slash” (PQ), and "Gearing the Competition"
- Kael Drakkel - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability): “Blood, Sweat, and Gears”, "Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial", The Reticent Tinkerer, "Hack 'n Slash" (PQ), and "Gearing the Competition"
- Tarinax - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability): “Blood, Sweat, and Gears”, "Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial", Tinker Bound History, The Legend of the Geargobbler, The Reticent Tinkerer, "Hack 'n Slash" (PQ), A Clockwork Snafu, Fiddledeegrak’s Great Invention, "Gearing the Competition" and Aether races.
New This Year
- New adventure quest: Blood, Sweat, and Gears offered by Tickni Kerplooie at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains for players level 120+.
- New tradeskill quest: Gearing the Competition offered by Navier Stokes at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains.
- New dungeon with solo and heroic versions - Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial [Heroic] and [Solo]
- 11 New Merchant Items sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security, including a new mount!
- New Tradeskill recipe book, "Tinkerfest Blueprints 14.0" sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains. The recipes require Shiny Tinkerfest Cog obtained as quest rewards or harvested, and other low level harvestables as components.
Are YOU New?
Is this your first time celebrating this event? Or is your memory fuzzy enough that you need a refresher?
- Gnomeland Security in the Steamfont Mountains is the main hub for this event, with portals from all "celebration" areas sending you back to the main hub in Gnomeland. (Celebrating gnomes, surrounded by harvestable cogs and purple shinies, can be found in all home cities as well as the docks of Thurgadin, the gnome area in Solusek's Eye, and Dropship Landing in the Moors)
- The shiny tinkerfest cogs, used for shopping and for crafting, are harvestable "!" items in all celebration areas. They can also be brought back by an upgraded pack pony (100 per 2-hour run).
- The second purple shiny collection (added in 2016) requires that you have completed (and handed in) the first purple shiny collection. Once you have done so, half of the collection can then be found in the Gnomeland Security area; the other half of the collection will be found in Qeynos and Freeport in the celebration areas.
- You will need to know the gnomish language (from a language trainer if you're not a gnome) in order to obtain some of the quests.
- Vendor Tarly in Gnomeland Security will sell all of the past Tinkerfest recipes and items for you while vendor Myron will sell the current year's recipes and items. You will need some shiny tinkerfest cogs before you can buy the books, so scrounge up a few before you go shopping.
- The quest tracker included in a section below will be a godsend if you are trying to run more than one alt through the event. Quest details for all the quests can be found on the wiki's Tinkerfest article.
- Protip: if you see an item sold on either Myron or Tarly costs 2 shiny Tinkerfest cog, it means that it can also be crafted. (The price on the two ladders is being changed on Test to 3 coins apiece so they aren't confused with the crafted items.)
This year's new crafting recipe book from Myron in Gnomeland Security is "Tinkerfest Blueprints 14.0", which contains not only the coarse gold tile set shown directly above, but many other lovely items:
|Coarse Gold Block Set
||Copper Plated Elbow Pipe
||Copper Plated "S" Pipe
|Copper Plated Straight Pipe
||Hanging Steamfont Pots and Pans
||Single Carbonite Bar
|Stack of Carbonite Bars
||Tinkerer's Alchemical Stand
|Tinkerer's Simple Distillery
||Tinkerer's Square Table Setting
||Tinmizer's Tinkerers Hanging Banner
|Tinmizer's Tinkerers Hanging Tapestry
||Rhodium Propeller Blades (Inactive)
New Purchased Items
Myron in Gnomeland Security has the following eleven items for sale that are purchased-only. (Any item on him that only costs 2 Shiny Tinkerfest Cog is also found within the crafting recipes above.)
|Calcutron Console IIV**
|Calcutron Console IXI**
|Hazzardust Wisp (fluff pet)
|Ironchassis Bulkhorn Runner
|Large Carbonite Ladder
|Large Rhodium Ladder
|Petamorph Wand: Ancient Clockwork JVII
|Rhodium Propeller Blades (Active)**
|Riveted Plate Bridge
|Scrap Masher Drone (housepet)
|Tinkered Conveyor Belt***
***=great googly moogly, just wait until I can put together a small video for the tinkered conveyor belt! Wheeeeeee!
Yes, you can climb the ladders.
The new level 120+ adventuring quest, "Blood, Sweat, and Gears" has a house item reward as well as an adventuring randed weapon reward.
The new tradeskill (tinkering) quest "Gearing the Competition" rewards a house item book near the start of the quest, and your choice of 5 Shiny Tinkerfest Cog or An Incomplete Clunker Plushie.
|An Incomplete Clunker Plushie
"Gearing the Competition"
|Boegie's Perpetual Energy Gearbox
"Blood, Sweat and Gears"
|Tinkering Competition Supply Instructions (Reproduction)
"Gearing the Competition"
Additional Notes On the Tradeskill Quest
"Gearing the Competition" is from a ratonga by the name of Navier Stokes, located near the tinkering trainer in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains. You will need the tinkering skill in order to complete this quest and while you can scribe the needed recipes at the starter skill of 5 tinkering, you will likely want to skill up a tiny bit as the recipes are difficulty 50. You will not need to bring any additional supplies with you, but you will want some bag space.
What Else is New?
While I know that the Hack 'n Slash Public Quest (PQ) has had the rewards updated for level 125 adventurers, players have been a bit sparse on the Test server so far, so I haven't seen the reward crate yet. However, based on a new recipe on Myron, we can assume that parts for the new Spidermech Aggressor familiar are part of the rewards.
This year marks the first annual Summer Jubilee, and you can earn Copper Jubilation Medals from repeatable quests from Tinkerfest, Scorched Sky and Oceansfull. Check out more details here.
Casdoe from Maj'Dul has once again kindly updated her quest tracker in XLS form as well as the PDF version. As always, thank you!
Created: 2022-05-16 02:07:24
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2022-05-28 06:14:56
© 2003-21 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Darkpaw Games LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Darkpaw Games LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Darkpaw Games LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (Darkpaw Games) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.