The scorch marks around the Gnomeland Security area from last year's celebration have finally healed with a lovely ground cover growing back over it. Singed hair has grown back. Limbs have been regrown. What does that mean? It means it is time to increase the number of gnomish explosions, of course! With a BANG! and a BOOM! (and many cries of "Medic!") Tinkerfest 2023 is on the horizon!
This annual gnomish (including honorary gnomes) celebration will run on all servers from June 5, 2023 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific through June 21, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. The special rules servers will have the following parts of the event:
- Kael Drakkel will have the entirety of the event other than the Hack 'n Slash PQ.
- Varsoon and Zarrakon have a special Tinkerfest themed merchant, a celebrating tinkerer, and The Shiny Tinkerfest Cog, the currency used to purchase event items, are located in the city of Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District. (The merchants have over 70 Tinkerfest themed items for your TLE celebrations, including 2 mount and the new collection of “Tinmizer's Medals of Achievement” is available amongst shiny cogs in TLE celebration locations.)
Are You New?
Is this your first time celebrating this event? Or is your memory fuzzy enough that you need a refresher?
- Gnomeland Security in the Steamfont Mountains is the main hub for this event, with portals from all "celebration" areas sending you back to the main hub in Gnomeland. (Celebrating gnomes, surrounded by harvestable cogs and purple shinies, can be found in all home cities as well as the docks of Thurgadin, the gnome area in Solusek's Eye, and Dropship Landing in the Moors)
- The shiny tinkerfest cogs, used for shopping and for crafting, are harvestable "!" items in all celebration areas. They can also be brought back by an upgraded pack pony (100 per 2-hour run).
- The second purple shiny collection (added in 2016) requires that you have completed (and handed in) the first purple shiny collection. Once you have done so, half of the collection can then be found in the Gnomeland Security area; the other half of the collection will be found in Qeynos and Freeport in the celebration areas.
- You will need to know the gnomish language (from a language trainer if you're not a gnome) in order to obtain some of the quests.
- Vendor Tarly in Gnomeland Security will sell all of the past Tinkerfest recipes and items for you while vendor Myron will sell the current year's recipes and items. You will need some shiny tinkerfest cogs before you can buy the books, so scrounge up a few before you go shopping.
- The quest tracker included in a section below will be a godsend if you are trying to run more than one alt through the event. Quest details for all the quests can be found on the wiki's Tinkerfest article.
- Protip: if you see an item sold on either Myron or Tarly costs 2 shiny Tinkerfest cog, it usually means that it can also be crafted. (Or is a special achievement unlock.)
New And Important
All servers will get one new collection. The Live servers and Kael Drakkel will also get one new quest, one new recipe book, several new buyables and a new level-scaling version of the returning Innovation Tinkerfest instance.
This event will also see the addition of a new event slot on the character sheet. Those of you who use custom UIs with character sheet component will need to check with the UI creator for a new version after the next live patch. This slot can be filled during the Summer Jubilee 2023 event which will run during Tinkerfest, Oceansfull and Scorched Sky this year. More on that will be included in the Jubilee article (to be written and linked in later today, energy willing.)
These items are available in Tinkerfest Blueprints 2.0 from Myron in Gnomeland Security. They require tier 3 common ingredients and a Shiny Tinkerfest Cog as a primary ingredient.
|Illuminated Hex Block Set
|Carbonite Grate Dais
|Carbonite Grate Panel
|Depowered Clockwork Hand
|Riveted Carbonite H-Bar
|Riveted Carbonite T-Bar
|Riveted Carbonite V-Bar
|Single Iceclad Iron Bar
|Stack of Iceclad Iron Bars
|Steamfont Double Stove
|Steamfont Round Stove
|Tinkerer's Rusty Spanner
Note: The Illuminated Hex block set is a complete block set. The hexes on it cycle through lightening and darkening.
These items are sold on Myron in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont. They cost varying numbers of Shiny Tinkerfest Cog, as listed below.
|Carbonite Trifold Screen
|Empowered Rhodium Divider
|Innovative Protector Plushie
|Mechanamagical Console II
|Mechanamagical Console VI
|Petamorph Wand: Necromech Gazer
|Rusty Tinkered Conveyor Belt
|Unstable Conduc-tok Plushie
Once you have finished the older two Tinkerfest collection, you will be able to collect the pieces for "Tinmizer's Medals of Achievement" from the purple shinies located in Tinkerfest celebration areas. Reward for this is a Tinkered Inspiration fluff pet.
You will find a quest starter amongst your shiny tinkerfest cogs while harvesting them (your ponies will not carry back the quest parts for you!). Keep an eye on your harvest messages, as you will have to find the "Contrabulous Gizmo" in your inventory and examine it in order to begin the "Forgotten Complications" quest. The next several steps will autoupdate as you continue to harvest cogs. The final hand-in will send you to one of several locations, where you will be awarded with 3 Silver Jubilation Medal and your choice of 5 Shiny Tinkerfest Cog or a 30-slot "Tinkered Contrabulous Backpack"
|Tinkered Contrabulous Backpack
The "Blood, Sweat, and Gears" quest that was offered only to level 120+ players last year has been updated to allow all levels of players to obtain and complete it. Speak to Tickni Kerplooie in the Gnomeland Security section of the Steamfont Mountains to pick up this quest. Once you have completed it, you will have access to a level scaling Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial instance for the rest of the event*. (*Zone timer is in effect, and remember that you can reset the zone timer under Alt-Z once the minimum reset time has been reached.)
Casdoe from Maj'Dul has once again kindly updated her quest tracker in XLS form as well as the PDF version. As always, thank you!
Created: 2023-05-21 07:14:16
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2023-05-21 11:20:25
© 2003-21 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Darkpaw Games LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Darkpaw Games LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Darkpaw Games LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (Darkpaw Games) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.