Harvesting tools reduce your harvesting time, and some can also improve your harvesting skill. Just how does that work, though, and which tools are right for you?
Basics for All Tool Types
- Harvesting attempts have a base speed of 3 seconds. The minimum speed you can obtain from any combintion of racial abilities, casting speed abilities and tools is a hard cap of 2 seconds
- Harvesting tools must be attuned
- Right-click on the tool from within inventory and select Use in order to obtain the harvesting buff for that tool, or select the Auto Consume option to have it re-apply the buff every time it wears off. (Tools must be in bags and attuned for this to work.)
- Should you wish to remove the buffs for any reason, such as clearing buffs spots before a raid, the buffs can now be removed
- Harvesting tool buffs will now persist upon death
- You may gain the benefits of both the woodworker-made harvesting kits and the tinkerer-made harvesting tools, but you are still limited by the minimum harvest time of 2 seconds.
Woodworker Crafted Tools
Use of these tools is based off adventuring or crafting level (whichever is higher). Tools are available in tiers 3-6 and tier 8. The individual tools of Tier 3-6 have been replaced by the new "Compact" tools, which boost all Harvesting skills.
|Ash Harvesting Kit||0.1 sec||2%||20|
|Briarwood Harvesting Kit||.2 sec||4%||30|
|Teak Harvesting Kit||.3 sec||6%||40|
|Sandalwood Harvesting Kit||.4 sec||8%||50|
|Redwood Harvesting Kit||.5 sec||10%||70|
|Compact Sumac Harvesting Kit||.5 sec||12%||80|
*Bountiful harvest is a percentage chance to get an extra pull of resources from the node
Tinkered tool use is based on your crafting level. There are three tools, with some combined uses for each.
- Automated pick - reduces mining speed, increases mining skill
- Automated shears - reduces gathering and foresting speed, increases gathering and foresting skill
- Automated watersafe net - reduces fishing and trapping speed, increases fishing and trapping skill
Level to Use
|Miscalibrated ||.2 seconds||none|
The amount of skill increase gained varies by tool:
- Miscalibrated: Shears - 5 gathering & foresting. Pickaxe - 10 mining. Watersafe net - 5 fishing & trapping.
- Calibrated: Shears - 7 gathering & foresting. Pickaxe - 15 mining. Watersafe net - 7 fishing & trapping.
- Overclocked: Shears - 10 gathering & foresting. Pickaxe - 20 mining. Watersafe net - 10 fishing & trapping.
Created: 2008-04-07 08:12:34
Last Modified By: EQ2TC Editor Therendil
Last Modified on: 2015-04-01 01:54:10
© 2003-17 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Sony Online Entertainment LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.