This article is part of the Chaos Descending Information Clearinghouse collection of articles. The Chaos Descending expansion will be released on Nov. 13, 2018. Information for this article has been gathered during the beta testing phase, and some things may still change before (or just after) release.
Welcome to Myrist, the Great Library -- Repository to every book ever written in Norrath. (Well, everything except for stuff that happened while they were cut off from access to everywhere else, but they'll rectify any missing tomes soon enough, right?)
It needs to be large, to fit all those books in there, and learning which who wants which what where can be confusing for the directionally-challenged, even with a handy-dandy map, as you try to trace out which blue dot matches up with what other blue dot on the map.
Annotated map courtesy of Sigrdrifa on the EQ2 forums
Thankfully, it is all about the compass points, as everything is north, south, east or west and first or second floor.
- East, floor 1 - entrance (including gear box); L - Comissary (stove, Cookie); R - Conservatory (Temry)
- South, floor 1 (side hallway) - Librarian's Quarters that have been turned into a sickroom, Dylindra
- South, floor 1 - Prophecy Portal (Disease, Coliseum of Valor, Plane of Magic)
- North, floor 1 - Elemental portal gallery - Vegarlson (Earth), Doomfire (Fire, of course), Eryslai (Wind). Also mission NPCs
- West - floor 1 & 2
- South, floor 2 - Crafter's & Smith's portals: Smith's (workbench, woodworking table, forge, Ghida, Ramyn, wandering fuel/etc merchant, tinkering/transmuting/adorning dailies, adorning and tinkering merchant, tinkering and adorning trainers); Crafter's (chemistry table, loom, engraved desk, Mourndax, crafting trainer, fuel merchant, rush order and work order NPCs). South wing also leads to Grand Librarian's office
- North, floor 2 - Services Gallery portal (banker, broker, mender/reforging) & Merchants Gallery portal (ammo merchant, status merchant, various currency or unlock merchants, furniture merchant)
- Anywhere in the outer ring of the central area of the first floor - Yrag the Swift(roams)
- Second floor mezzanine area, south end - Recipes for Adventure
- Second floor mezzanine area, east side - The Scrivener
Also, please be aware that this is a special zone with regards to mounts. Mounts are not visible within the zone in order to prevent folks with huge mounts from parking on top of quest NPCs and the like. However, you will have the speed buff from your summoned mount. You will also not be able to fly in this zone.
Need to See it To Remember It?
While the fibro sometimes makes me trip over my words more than I would like, I've put together a 14-minute tour video of the library, pointing out the various spots of interest that are listed above. Myrist Tour
Created: 2018-10-31 03:39:18
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2018-11-07 11:55:36
© 2003-21 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Darkpaw Games LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Darkpaw Games LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Darkpaw Games LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (Darkpaw Games) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.