The Age of Discovery (AoD) expansion included the addition of tradeskill apprentices. In order to obtain your apprentice, you must be at least a level 10 crafter, and either own the AoD expansion or have purchased the tradeskill apprentice feature from the marketplace. Apprentices are located in North Qeynos inside the Ironforge Exchange, and in West Freeport on the patio of the Coalition of Tradesfolke building. (GU63 also added elite tradeskill apprentices for level 90+ crafters who own the AoD expansion, and those are covered here.)
It doesn't matter which apprentice you choose of the three (coldain male, human female, othmir) other than from an appearance perspective -- all of them research the same recipes, based on your crafting level and class.
Apprentices can be placed in any home for which you have trustee access, and multiple apprentices (from multiple alts) can be placed in the same home. You must, however, work only with the apprentice that your character is "master" of, so if you are going to keep the apprentices of all your alts in the same home, make sure they are named and/or dressed in a way that makes it easy for you to figure out who belongs to whom!
Once the apprentice is placed in a home, you first hail them and select which recipe you wish for them to research. Then you can pass along some of your knowledge to them (middle option on a hail) to reduce the recipe research time by 4 hours. You can then make a new piece of replacement equipment for them to reduce the research time by another 4 hours. You can do the coaching (pass on knowledge), and the crafting (replacement equipment), once per day, but be sure to coach before you hand in the crafted item, or you may not be able to coach that day due to a bug.
The items that you need to craft will always be tier-appropriate, and will cycle between the following (in the order listed):
- ___ basket (2 ___ root, woodworking table, 4 tier-appropriate sandpaper)
- ___ knife (2 ___ ore, forge, 4 tier-appropriate coal)
- ___ apron (2 ___ leather, loom, 4 tier-appropriate filament)
- ___ mallet (2 ___ wood, woodworking table, 4 tier-appropriate sandpaper)
- ___ toolbelt (2 ___ leather, loom, 4 tier-appropriate filament)
All crafting classes get the ability to research the "greater essence" recipes at level 90, that create different appearance particle effects on reforged items.
For level 10 recipes, they are able to research anything in their subclass (scholar, outfitter or craftsman)
For level 20-90 recipes, the class breakdown is as follows:
- Armorer - fabled forearm & chest: tank plate, healer plate, scout chain, and healer chain
- Alchemist - fabled rings: two tank/scout and two mage/priest ones per tier
- Carpenter - fabled earrings: two tank/scout and two mage/priest ones per tier
- Jeweler - fabled bracelets: two tank/scout and two mage/priest ones per tier
- Provisioner - 30-minute fabled food and drink with stats and special effects on them, belts (two tank/scout and two mage/priest ones per tier)
- Sage - fabled charms: two tank/scout and two mage/priest ones per tier
- Tailor - fabled forearm & chest: cloth, healer leather, brawler leather
- Weaponsmith - one-handed and two-handed fabled weapons for all classes
- Woodworker - fabled ranged items (pouches, bows, ranged spell items)
If you have multiple alts to track, you might also find this downloadable apprentice recipe spreadsheet to be of use. This spreadsheet has now been updated to include the GU63 additions of elite tradeskill apprentices.
Created: 2012-03-03 11:21:15
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2015-01-30 04:32:55
© 2003-17 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Sony Online Entertainment LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.