This is part of the Tears of Veeshan Crafting Preview that will be released on November 12, 2013. As with any preview that is done during a testing phase, details may still change.
Once upon a time, when the level cap was raised, crafting recipe books departed from the old Essentials/Avanced naming system for a while. And there was much confusion. When the dust finally settled, we ended up going back to the Essentials/Advanced naming system for volumes 91 and above, and had no volume 90 books. And there was still some confusion.
To remove some of that confusion, and to give us some new recipes even without a level cap increase, the Tears of Veeshan expansion introduces our "level 90" books. A couple classes still don't have an "special" items in their books, and we may be seeing more items patch in as we get down to the testing wire. (If that happens, I'll be updating this article with details.)
In all cases, you can find the Essentials book on any recipe vendor. Your advanced book will be obtained from a quest that starts with Ethan on the docks in the Isle of Mara (it will require travel to Cardin Ward in Obol Plains as part of the quest).
- Alchemist Essentials Volume 90 contains level 90 fighter Journeyman CAs, that have been moved from the level 89 book to the level 90 book. (No "special" recipes in this book at this time)
- Advanced Alchemist Volume 90 contains level 90 fighter Expert CAs, that have been moved from the level 89 book to the level 90 book. It also contains recipes for ten infused poisons that make use of a byproduct gained from new tradeskill apprentice recipes. (More on those in another article "soon".)
- Armorer Essentials Volume 90 contains the recipe for Mirror of Forgiveness, which is a clickable house item that can forgive your xp debt. It uses "a polished mirror" as the primary ingredient (the one that used to be the mirror of reflected achievements).
- Advanced Armorer Volume 90 contains recipe for Eye of the Fearcreep, which is a head slot crafting headpiece. (Appearance is shown on the various character previews below). Note that the equip level for the Eye of the Fearcreep was changed to level 90 late in beta, since it is meant to be an upgrade to the cranial capacitors made by tinkerers. In addition, four more recipes were added at launch: Daarspire Buckler, Daarspire Tower Shield, Buckler of the Fearcreep, Tower Shield of the Fearcreep. Screenshots will be along later. For now, note that they all require a dust of the progenitor as well as a tungsten ore.
- Jeweler Essentials Volume 90 contains level 90 scout Journeyman CAs, that have been moved from the level 89 book to the level 90 book. (No "special" recipes in this book at this time)
- Advanced Jeweler Volume 90 contains level 90 scout Expert CAs, that have been moved from the level 89 book to the level 90 book. It also contains recipes for two secondary/ranged symbol items, Symbol of Daarspire and Symbol of the Fearcreep.
|Symbol of the Daarspire||Symbol of the Fearcreep|
- Provisioner Essentials Volume 90 contains a Provisioner's Picnic Setting Kit, as well as a Provisioner's Picnic. The kit, when used from inventory, drops a 20-minute duration display-only picnic where you are standing (there is nothing to interact with, though you can sit on it if you are so inclined). You can reuse the kit an unlimited number of times, but you can only have one picnic out at a time. The Provisioner's Picnic, on the other hand, is the standard house item version it/
- Advanced Provisioner Volume 90 contains the recipes for three house items! The lovely Rose Wedding Cake and the Provisioner's Supply Cart. Every player may get one of three (random) drinks from the cart per day. These drinks act in the same way as the berries from the old world event Blessed Sapling, and share a 24-hour cooldown timer with it.
||Rose Wedding Cake
||Provisioner's Supply Cart
Please note that this is a correction to my earlier mention that the Provisioner's Picnic was in the Advanced Provisioner Volume 90 book. It is in the essentials book, alongside the kit version of the picnic.
- Sage Essentials Volume 90 contains level 90 mage and priest Journeyman spells, that have been moved from the level 89 book to the level 90 book. It also contains the recipe for the Bear Hide Notebook
- Advanced Sage Volume 90 contains level 90 mage and priest Expert spells, that have been moved from the level 89 book to the level 90 book.
It also contains the recipe for the Reptile Hide Notebook
|Bear Hide Notebook||Reptile Hide Notebook|
- Tailor Essentials Volume 90 contains the recipe for the Gi of the Ashen Artisan, which is a crafting tunic
- Advanced Tailor Volume 90 contains a statless cloak, Majestic Guild Cloak
- Weaponsmith Essentials Volume 90 contains recipes for 5 house item greatswords
- Advanced Weaponsmith Essentials Volume 90 contains recipes for infused thrown weapons that use a byproduct from the new apprentice recipes as the primary ingredient. It also includes the weapon version of those five decorative greatswords. (This was a belated addition, not in the original article.)
|Mounted Ethereal Greatsword
||Mounted Greatsword of Growth
||Mounted Greatsword of the Flame
|Mounted Greatsword of the Frost
||Mounted Obsidian Greatsword
- Woodworker Essentials Volume 90 contains the recipe for the Totem of the Succulent
- Advanced Woodworker Volume 90 contains infused arrow recipes that use a byproduct from the new apprentice recipes as the primary ingredient. (Again, more on that when I do an apprentice recipe article.)
But what about Carpenter?
There are an insane (in a good way) number of carpenter items. They have been broken out onto a separate page.
Created: 2013-11-05 08:29:47
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2013-11-13 06:49:20
© 2003-21 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Darkpaw Games LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Darkpaw Games LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Darkpaw Games LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (Darkpaw Games) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.