With little fanfare, a new "Days of Summer" event launched in EverQuestII on August 1, 2017.
Membership is required for this questline, and and at least a couple rewards require the Kunark Ascending expansion. You will also need 100 adventuring to see any of the adventuring rewards. Due to zone and level requirements, the Fallen Gate (TLE) server will not have this event. Due to the level requirements, the Stormhold TLE server will only have access to the house items and possibly the familiar tonic.
Speak with "Yun Zi", a hua'mein that is located near the wizard spires in Sundered Frontier at 2294, -199, 2504. He is a merchant and has no quest feather over his head. He will give you "The Days of Summer" quest. There are quite a few rewards, some of which only unlock after you have completed several of the quests. The quest reward currency flags your entire account, so you only need to do each quest once per account to unlock it for everyone.
Yun Zi is a merchant not a brave adventurer. That doesn't stop him from yearning to learn about all sorts of areas, and he'd like to "see" them through you. We assume that each quest will send you to a different region to explore, then report back to him with what you saw. (Since one new quest unlocks each week, we can't be sure of what the later quests will require, but it is our best guess.) In return for your travel report, he will sell you some of his father's old items, which include a new Isle of Mara prestige home, adventuring rewards, decorating items, etc.
At least for the first quest, you will be sent to various zones, then have to figure out what area in that zone to visit based on the small icon-sized image in your quest journal. If you want to figure it all out for yourself, you are welcome to, just skip everything below the horizontal line below. If you want spoilers and locations, then you will find details each week down below the horizontal rule ... as I discover those details for myself.
Points of Clarification
Please bear with me. I am having issues figuring out how to word this so there is less confusion, because I've already tried in chat channels and the wording that works for some people doesn't work for others.
These are called "weekly" because Yun Zi offers up a new quest every Monday night (midnight Pacific) for 9 weeks. You, however, don't have to log in each and every one of those 9 weeks for fear of "missing" a quest. You just have to finish all 9 quests, in order, in order to claim all of the rewards. (So, nonmembers, you have time to decide if you want to subscribe or not, in order to get these lovely items.)
To reword so people don't get hung up on the "weekly" bit - There are/will be 9 quests. A new one of the 9 unlocks every Monday night. You must do these quests in sequence, but you can wait and do them all in one "swell foop" later.
Yun Zi will be sticking around after the 9 weeks are over, for at least a while, so folks can continue to both quest and shop. (As per conversations on Discord.) The only thing that rushing to do the quests as soon as each is offered will do for you is get you the items that you want sooner.
There are quite a few rewards, unlocked by x number of weeks of questing. Since the rewards you see will vary by level and by class, I have put together a separate article listing the Days of Summer Rewards.
Locations are approximate, and there are reports of it varying a bit, but these give you some good starting points, at the very least.
Week 1: The Travels of Yun Zi - An Oasis for Your Thoughts
This week he wants you to explore the Deserts of Ro.
- Your first stop is the Sinking Sands - your clue is what appears to be a small monkey icon. My update hit at -1319, -185, -330. I will check with an alt "later" to see if the update hits elsewhere in the zone.
- Your second stop is Pillars of Flame - your clue is a magic lamp icon. It is in the Searing Gorge area, at roughly 3,-93, -661.
- Clefts of Rujark - you can't really make out the orc face in your quest journal until you've actually found the location, but, well, that's an orc face. My update hit at 126, -5, -68
- Maj'Dul - a faction coin icon. Run up that first ramp to roughly /waypoint -163, 176, -101
- Living Tombs - a skull icon. Zone in from the Twin Tears area (click on the staff, not the stones to zone in) and walk a few paces.
- Silent City - a helmet icon. For those of you unfamiliar with the zone,
ignore the blue dot on your Sinking Sands map for a moment, as if you run to that point up in the desert, you're not going to find anything but sand. Instead head back to the Sinking Sands docks, and you can take the carpet directly to the Silent City entrance. (This is especially important if you are running a low-level character through.) Once there, you will want the one that says "The Silent City" (2nd option). Run forward a few steps for the update.
- Return to Yun Zi
Week 2: The Travels of Yun Zi - In a Kingdom Far Away
This quest sends you to various locations in the Kingdom of Sky. Again, the icons in the journal are hard to see/decipher while they are greyed out, so don't feel bad if you need a bit of help! (With thanks to Leonitas on Isle of Refuge for helping find the proper spots!) Some of them don't really
- Barren Sky spire portal landing spot on Whisperwind Isle. (waypoint -583, -49, -413) - clue is apparently a hooluk claw
- Barren Sky, Isle of Awakening. Step off the cloud landing pad and you should get the update - Clue is a droag head.
- Tenebrous Tangle, Hidden Refuge - no clue what the connection is supposed to be, but clue is a feather.
- Tenebrous Tangle, Breeding Grounds port pad - the clue is a round
- Bonemire, Dreadnever Crash Site - clue is some sort of funky heart-shaped metallic thing.
- Bonemire, Halls of Fate around -27, -374, 3 right near the zone to the instance. - clue is an aviak head
- Return to Yun Zi and he will sell you more "doo-dads".
Week 3: Week 2: The Travels of Yun Zi - Echoes of the Past
Trying to sort out the non-clues now, but the quest involves Faydwer this time.
- Butcherblock Mountains - dock area (clue was a scroll such as is used in a map.
- Steamfont Mountains - Gnomeland Security (clue was a gear)
- Loping Plains - Somborn (Ok, ignore that the image shows one of the icons used for the wood coins of Kelethin collection - somehow you're to intuit that this means Somborn ...)
- Lesser Faydark - Fae Drake Breeding Grounds (ZERO clue why they use that icon for this region, but ....)
- Greater Faydark - "Old Kelethin" (City of Kelethin from the Acorn Lift.
- New Tunaria - Hall of Truth (-286, 53, -853 Since at least one person is having problems with this, to clarify for the rest of you, New Tunaria is a zone off GFay. The in-zone mount system will get you close. The loc is for once you have already zoned into New Tunaria and are looking for the Hall of Truth, which is the first big building that the main path leads you to.)
Created: 2017-08-01 01:25:46
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2017-08-15 02:10:18
© 2003-17 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Sony Online Entertainment LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.