With a Click-Whirr-Ping-BANG! another Tinkerfest is upon us. This event will run from July 23, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. through August 5, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. on the live servers. The TLE server (Kaladim) will receive most of the event, other than the following that require inaccessible zones: Aether races, The Legend of the Geargobbler, The Reticent Tinkerer, Tinker Bound History, A Clockwork Snafu, Fiddledeegrak's Great Invention, and the Hack 'n Slash PQ.
Are YOU New?
Is this your first time celebrating this event? Or is your memory fuzzy enough that you need a refresher?
- Gnomeland Security in the Steamfont Mountains is the main hub for this event, with portals from all "celebration" areas sending you back to the main hub in Gnomeland. (Celebrating gnomes, surrounded by harvestable cogs and purple shinies, can be found in all home cities as well as the docks of Thurgadin, the gnome area in Solusek's Eye, and Dropship Landing in the Moors)
- The shiny tinkerfest cogs, used for shopping and for crafting, are harvestable "!" items in all celebration areas. They can also be brought back by an upgraded pack pony (100 per 2-hour run).
- The second purple shiny collection (added in 2016) requires that you have completed (and handed in) the first purple shiny collection. Once you have done so, half of the collection can then be found in the Gnomeland Security area; the other half of the collection will be found in Qeynos and Freeport in the celebration areas.
- You will need to know the gnomish language (from a language trainer if you're not a gnome) in order to obtain some of the quests.
- Vendor Tarly in Gnomeland Security will sell all of the past Tinkerfest recipes and items for you while vendor Myron will sell the current year's recipes and items. You will need some shiny tinkerfest cogs before you can buy the books, so scrounge up a few before you go shopping.
- The quest tracker included in a section below will be a godsend if you are trying to run more than one alt through the event. Quest details for all the quests can be found on the wiki's Tinkerfest article.
- Protip: if you see an item sold on either Myron or Tarly costs 2 shiny Tinkerfest cog, it means that it can also be crafted.
Tinkerfest Blueprints 12.0 from Myron contains recipes for the following items, all requiring shiny Tinkerfest cogs and tier 3 (level 20-29) commons.
|Bent Lever Handle
||Hammered Copper (full) Block Set
|Iceclad Plated Bookcase
||Iceclad Plated Chair
||Incarnadine Gauge Regulator*
||Necromechanica Enginery WhatzitBox*
|Riveted Rusty Plate Dais
* = item is animated
These items are only sold on Myron in Gnomeland Security for "shiny Tinkerfest cog" currency. (He also sells the new crafted items, plus some achievement-related items.)
|Cellar Pump Chassis
|Clackwhinge Hazard Warner IV*
|Faulty Carbonite Power Node*
|Gold Chassis Bulkhorn Runner
ground mount - 300 cogs
|Innovative Guard Plushie
|Perpetual Mechanamagical Apparatus*
|Petamorph Wand: Rusty Custodian
* = item is animated
Fiddledeegrak’s Great Invention quest is offered in the Moors of Ykesha by Bertram Fiddledeegrak. I warn you, this guy is even stranger than most gnomish tinkerers and you'll want to read the dialog just for the giggle factor!
Once you coax him a bit, you'll first be sent to Steamfont Mountains, to a hole in the ground that is near the Steamfont Druid Rings.
You will do some minimal fighting while collecting coax cables and covalent fusecells, then return to Bertram. Then he'll have you find some flooblecrank boxes around Moors of Ykesha. After that you will enter his nearby workshop (porthole on the ground to the left of the quest NPC) and after a few battles and some chat with his assistants, you will talk to him once more, successfully dodge the romance-thing that is in his mind (phew!), and make off with your choice of an Inert Fiddledeegrak Port'em Sheenery or 5 shiny Tinkerfest cog.
Depending on if it has been patched to live or not (it is not yet fixed on Test but is waiting on a patch), casual level 120's with low potency may have issues with the quest mobs due to too much mitigation on them. If you find this to be the case, mentor down to 115 or 110.
|Inert Fiddledeegrak Port'Em Sheenery|
If you follow the quest dialog, you'll find that Fiddledeegrak thinks the machine is not working, while his slightly more stable assistants think they have fixed it. It clearly isn't working as a teleporter, but there ARE a lot of chickens suddenly wandering around in the Anchorage and in Timorous Deep ... can you say "replicator"?
We have a goodly number of quests/achievements/collections for this event. If you need a spreadsheet to track which alts have done what, here is a newly-updated Tinkerfest quest tracker for 2020 in XLS form, and there is also a PDF version. (Trackers are courtesy of Casdoe from Maj'Dul. Thanks again!)
Need a closer view of those house items? Need to know how they resize? Once again, Ocarinah has you covered with both a full version and a shorter, silent version. As always, thank you so much for taking the time and effort to do these, Oaky!
Created: 2020-07-02 10:18:45
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2020-07-21 09:54:12
© 2003-17 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Sony Online Entertainment LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.