Please read the Harvesting Skill section below for an important change to harvesting skill requirements on nodes
Resources used in tradeskills are scattered throughout the lands and it helps to know which what you can find where, and what harvesting skill level you will need, before you head out into the wilds to harvest.
Resources are split into tiers that match adventuring/tradeskilling tiers. Each tier will have its own unique resources and rares that can only be used for recipes contained within that tier. (Details on the varying uses of harvested rares can be found here.)
So, what goes with which tier and node, and how do you know which is the right harvesting skill for that node?
Names on the nodes will vary from zone to zone, so I'll use more generic names here, to make it a bit easier. Ore nodes carry the metals for smithing as well as the loams for fighter combat arts and use the mining skill. Gem or stone nodes carry the metals and gems used for jewelcraft and also use the mining skill. Roots refer to the roots, tubers and other fibers that are used as a base for almost everything will use the gathering skill, as will the shrubs and gardens for cooking. Wood nodes, unsurprisingly, carry the woods and use the foresting skill. Various fish are used in cooking, and use the fishing skill. Dens hold the critter harvests (pelts and meats) and use the trapping skill.
What About harvesting skill?
As of November 12, 2013 you will no longer need a minimum harvesting skill in order to harvest nodes in a given tier. However, you will still need to reach at least that minimum harvesting skill if you hope to harvest rares.
- Tier 1: Forest Ruins, Oakmyst Fores, the Caves, the Peat Bog, the Ruins, the Sunken City, the Sprawl, the Graveyard, Greater Faydark, Darklight Woods, Timorous Deep. (Note: the Sprawl and the Graveyard have no fishable spots)
- Tier 2 - Antonica, Commonlands, Vale of Shattering, Greater Faydark (eastern portion near Crushbone and the spires), Darklight Woods, Timorous Deep
- Tier 3 - Thundering Steppes, Nektulos Forest, Zarvonn's Tower (Eternal Gorge), Butcherblock Mountains
- Tier 4 - Enchanted Lands, Zek, Cove of Decay, Bloodskull Valley, Steamfont
- Tier 5 - Rivervale, Feerrott, Everfrost, Lavastorm, Steamfont (wetlands and area near it)
- Tier 6 - Sinking Sands, Pillars of Flame, Lesser Faydark
- Tier 7 - Loping Plains, Tenebrous Tangle, Barren Sky, the Bonemire (node types will vary based on the island that you are on, and not all locations contain all types of nodes)
- Tier 8 - Kylong Plains, Fens of Nathsar, Kunzar Jungle, Jarsath Wastes, Moors of Ykehsa
- Tier 9 - Sundered Frontier, Stonebrunt Highlands
- Tier 10 - Withered Lands, Eidolon Jungle, Obol Plains. Vesspyr Islanes
Rares are noted in bold italics on the table below.
Note that Vale of Shattering, and Bloodskull Valley all require access quests in order to harvest in these instances.
||tin cluster, leaded loam, bronze cluster, solidified loam
||rough malachite, lead cluster, rough lapis, copper cluster
||severed elm, severed alder
||rawhide leather pelt, deer meat, waxed leather pelt
||raw white tea leaf, jumjum, baubbleshire cabbage, black coffee bean, yarrow
||frog leg, sunfish
||iron cluster, salty loam, blackened iron cluster, alkaline
||electrum cluster, rough turquoise, silver cluster, rough coral
||tuber strands, sisal root, glowing material
||severed maple, severed bone
||tanned leather pelt, vulrich meat, elephant meat, cured leather pelt
||raw carrot, raw black tea leaf, murdunk orange, Antonican coffee bean, sisal root
||crab meat, freewater grouper
||carbonite cluster, pliant loam, steel cluster, malleable loam
||gold cluster, rough agate, rough jasper, palladium cluster
||belladonna root, dandelion fiber
||severed ash, severed fir
||boiled leather pelt, lion meat, pig meat, cuirboilli leather pelt
||steppes mountain bean, sweet onion, fayberry, oolong tea leaf, dandelion fiber
||seafury mackerel, thicket crayfish
||feyiron cluster, supple loam, feysteel cluster, ductile loam
||velium cluster, rough opaline, rough opal, ruthenium cluster
||tussah roots, oak root
||severed briarwood, severed oak, glimmering material
||bear meat, griffon meat, etched leather pelt, engraved leather pelt
||cucumber, green tea leaf, everfrost ice bean, wild apple, oak root
||murkwater carp, shark fin
||fulginate cluster, bonded loam, ebon cluster, fused loam
||rough bloodstone, diamondine cluster, rough ruby, rhodium
||ashen roots, figwart root
||severed teak, severed cedar
||strengthened leather pelt, owlbear meat, wyrm meat,
augmented leather pelt
||browncap mushroom, white peach, lavastorm robusta bean, pu-erh tea leaf, figwart root
||nerius trout, cauldron blowfish
||light purple, luminous
||indium cluster, soluble loam, cobalt cluster, alkalai loam
||beryllium cluster, rough nacre, vanadium cluster, rough pearl
|| succulent roots, saguaro root
||severed sandalwood, severed ironwood
||stonehide leather pelt, caiman meat, sabertooth meat, scaled leather pelt
||prickly pear, darjeeling tea leaf, artichoke, maj'dul coffee bean, saguaro root
||tiger shrimp, conger eel
||light blue, lambent
||adamantine cluster, porous loam, xegonite, spongy loam, blue-silver sheet^
||rough topaz, azurite cluster, rough moonstone, acrylia cluster,
perfectly cut purple geode^
||hanging root, nimbus root
|| rough lumbered rosewood, rough lumbered ebony, a perfect osseous lumber^
||horned leather pelt, ravasect meat, aviak meat, dragonhide leather pelt, a strip of supple leather^
||sweet chai tea leaf, soaring coffee bean, xegonberry, squash, nimbus root
||ferrite cluster, mineral salt loam, incarnadine cluster, silicate loam
||rough kunzite, deklium cluster, rough fire emerald, tynnonium cluster
||lichenclover root, mantrap root
||redwood lumber, mahogany lumber
||bristled pelt, *** hidebound pelt
||torsis tea leaf, cabilis cocoa bean, cranberry, succulent petal, mantrap
||baracuda, king prawn, magma rock fish^^
||tan/light brown, smoldering
||titanium ore, brellium ore
||amber, quicksilver cluster, ulteran diamond, kaborite cluster
||bamboo shoot, toxnettle root
||sumac lumber, eucalyptus lumber
||mottled pelt, !! spotted pelt
||lapsang tea leaf, caynar nut, marr cherry, kejekan palmfruit, toxnettle root
||giant octopus meat, seahorse roe
||rhenium ore, tungsten ore
||amethyst, iridium cluster, black star sapphire, osmium cluster
||matoppie roots, banyan root
||swamp ash lumber, bubinga lumber
||thick bear pelt, panther meat, raptor meat, metallic reptile hide
||aduki bean, plump lychee, ripe mangosteen, white peony leaf, banyan root
- **Loam/Imbue: due to various patches, the rare/common loams of a tier share a distinct color to make it easier to tell at a glance which tier of loams you have. Imbue materials were made consistent, so that you harvest just "___ material" instead of the old imbue stones, teeth, flowers, etc. Old imbue items can still be used, but only the material now drops off any node in the tier.
- ***Meat in Tier 8 is used differently than previous tiers. Meats are only found as a drop off appropriate creatures, but they are also only used in special faction-purchased recipes. Den nodes in T8 only provide pelts. The meats for T8 are: brute flesh, devourer meat, hornet meat, drachnid meat and mountain giant meat.
- ^heritage quest harvests: blue-silver sheet (ore), perfectly cut purple geode (stone), a perfect osseous lumber (wood), a strip of supple leather (den). Used in the Draco Mortuus vos Liberatio heritage quest. Click the link above for more details.
- # Minimum skill for T7 harvesting was originally 290, then dropped to 250 to make skillups easier for those who did not have the DoF expansion, but did have KoS. Also, Loping Plains and the Bonemire were further reduced to a minimum 240 skill.
- ^^Requires that you have the collapsible fishing pole equipped, and be very close to (sometimes swimming in) the lava in Jarsath Wastes in order to attempt to catch it.
- !!Meat in tier 9 is mob dropped. It makes both handcrafted recipes (health and power food and drink) as well as faction based infusions and reductions.
- !!!No loam in tier 9. Ulteran diamond is the spell rare for scouts and priests, kaborite cluster is the spell rare for fighters and mages. No loam in tier 10. Black star sapphire is the spell rare for scouts, osmium cluster is the spell rare for fighters and mages.
But What About Velious 1 Content?
The original two Velious zones, Great Divide (GD) and Eastern Wastes (EW), do not contain normal nodes for tier-related crafting. Instead, they contain harvests that are used in various crafting quests as well as in faction-based Velious recipes. The Cliff Notes version of the harvesting information is that: Mining nodes are found in high rocky peaks (around the Goahmari Village in GD, and various spots in EW), the chillblossoms are found in high snow-covered areas (around the Goahmari Village in GD, and various spots in EW), and the dens are found around areas where furry critters converge, like the othmir villages, the gnoll camps and the goahmari village.
the varying uses of harvested rares can be found here.)
If you still need a list of resources that were removed with the harvesting tables with GU24 (including crafted loams and such), and what they can be used to replace in current reccipes, try the Resource Substitution Chart"
Created: 2004-11-07 08:46:21
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2013-11-12 11:35:22
© 2003-7 Niami Denmother.
The fine print: This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. Everquest is a trademark owned by Sony Online Entertainment, Inc. This site has no official connection with Everquest or Sony Online Entertainment. The site contains both original material and links to materials contained on other sites and we are not liable for anything published on those sites. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner or their respective owners and may not be copied or reprinted without our express written approval. Other owners of the copyright may include SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) and their copyright supersedes our own. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest(SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.