This information was mostly written during the beta phase for the Blood of Luclin expansion. While considerable effort is put into updating information as quickly as possible, changes can and will happen without warning as things are adjusted after it goes live.
The newest expansion in the world of EverQuestII, Blood of Luclin, will launch on December 17, 2019. Among other things, it will include a level increase to level 120 for both adventuring and tradeskilling. Expect this page to change quite a bit in the days leading up to launch and for several days after launch as well, as things get nudged, tweaked and so on.
As with past expansion clearinghouse articles, the bottom section of this page will include a brief summary of changes and additions to the original article, so you can tell more easily when I have added stuff to the massive information dump. Please go gently on me in your impatience and eagerness to know more, as there has been much going on, and it is beyond overwhelming at times.
A lot of things were/are still up in the air at the end of beta, so there WILL be a lot of updates after the expansion goes live and we check things out on the live servers.
How to Access Luclin
The first thing most people want/need to know, of course, will be how to access the new content when the expansion goes live. Both level 110 adventurers and level 110 crafters have had prelude signature quests available since September from the Duality's Vigilant Sanctum. Completion of either one will get you one step closer to accessing the Luclin content on launch day. (For crafters, here is the prelude quest you need to do.) Both the adventuring and tradeskill prelude quests sent you to Taith in Teren's Grasp, then sort of left you hanging. When the expansion goes live, you will need to go back to Taith and check in with him for further instruction.
Once you are instructed to travel through it for your quest from Taith (adventure or tradeskill), you will receive an account-wide unlock of access to The Blinding (Luclin) from any wizard spire or portal.
Luclin and Travel - Don't Get Benosched!
When you use the spire network to travel to Luclin, you will end up in Grieg's Spire in The Blinding. Before you go rushing off, all eager and gung-ho, make sure you have some form of feather-fall or glide active. You will not be able to fly until the completion of either the Luclin adventure sig line or the tradeskill sig line. Therefore, if you go leaping off the platform at Grieg's Spire without some way to slow your falling rate, you can and will make a lovely new crater on the surface of the moon.
For those wondering about the reasoning behind this, the adventurers get told by an NPC at the start of their signature line that it is due to mounts taking time to adjust to the lunar environment. So, get used to leaping, gliding and bounding until you can finish either of the new lines in the expansion.
The Luclin Crafting Line
The tradeskill line has quite a solid chunk of story to it, and is pretty detailed. While I have not provided the dialog to you verbatim, the BoL Crafting Signature Line article is complete, and includes information on rewards as well.
Speaking of things that have chunks of story, my muse woke up enough that I have done two Luclin-themed story snippets! I have another story chunk rumbling around in my brain, but it doesn't want to come out yet. I'll try to coax it out tomorrow while we're waiting for the servers to come up.
Housing Leaderboard Goodness
Players have been asking for a way to search the housing leaderboards for ages. Decorators are a prolific group, and it can be very hard to find a specific home amidst the massive number of listings. When the expansion hits, everyone (regardless of expansion ownership) will be able to use a "Filter" that searches for a word, or part of a word in the house title.
The below screenshots show an example from the less-populated beta houses, when I did a filter on "craft". (Folks working on or touring the various house swap houses, where they all have a certain word in the house title will also find this a total godsend.)
The Overseer System
The system saw a bunch of tweaks during beta, but I really didn't have a lot of time to poke at it. It *is* known that the rewards from oversee missions can include advanced recipe books, so I will attempt to get back to this and write "something' until the devs put up a public post with details on the system.
For the short term, since I don't know if I will get to it before launch, and all versions of the expansion come with an Overseer Starter Pack, here's the information for accessing it...
Your overseer's starter pack will likely have a mission and an Agrent, both of which are likely to drop into your inventory. If they do, you will need to right-click to add them to your collection. Once they are in your collection, you will then need to access the Overseer tab from the EQII button. (There's no direct hotkey for the feature.) You would select a mission, drag an agent from the lefthand side into the box in the middle of the mission explanation, then click Start Quest. While it helps to use agents that have certain traits the mission has decided are useful, to increase your success chance, it isn't required.
All completed missions go on a cool-down timer, along with the agents used on the mission. If an agent has a mishap during a mission, their cooldown timer becomes a full day, unless you use a 6-hour rescue mission to rescued them.
Access the Overseer tab again once the timer for that mission is completed, and click on the "Completed" line for the mission to call it up, finish it, and gain any reward.
You are allowed 10 normal Overseer missions per day per account.
The (limited-visibility) beta forums had an FAQ for the system that was not repeated anywhere publicly after the expansion went live. Those Overseer Notes have been made available here.
This will be similar to the public research that we first saw in the Anchorage. There are some differences as well, and as I know more I will flesh this out after launch.
Each researcher is in a different zone, has his or her own assistant to act as a vendor, and uses a different currency as reward and for purchasing items on the vendor. The researcher quests are on a 3-hour timer. We also know that we need to research one item from each of the three researchers (staff parts) before we can finish the Tradeskill Signature line, so if you're working on the TS line at launch, please DO keep those researchers and their tasks in mind.
Quests will be obtained from the researcher, and finished research items and possibly other buyables will be on the researcher's assistant. Each quest will grant you status, a random reward, and that researcher's currency. Quests will be in the now-typical form being sent to a zone to harvest specific items, then craft them into an item for the researcher.
- Recuso Tor: Daini the Wright; assistant, Krmi Hilflipper (quests unlock after A Fortunate Turn of Events Part III)
- Sanctus Seru: Curator Feris; assistant Bindel - second level, the very last building to the northwest in the zone (quests unlock after A Fortunate Turn of Events Part III)
- Aurelian Coast: Xavi Heliul, outside the Fordel Midst zone (quests unlock after Marketplace of Horrors Part III)
What little else we know about the researchers may have changed between launch and beta, so take the following with several grains of salt. The researchers did unlock at the following spots in the TS sig line, but may have been changed since then: Daini the Wright in Recuso Tor: "Piercing the Darkness: A Very Fortunate Turn of Events Part III"; Curator Feris in Sanctus Seru "Piercing the Darkness: A Very Fortunate Turn of Events Part I" and Xavi Heliul in the Aurelian Coast, outside Fordel Midst "Piercing the Darkness: The Sad Tale of Benosch Ironsprocket Part III"
All classes will get handcrafted recipes ("Veilwalker's" will be the gear prefix name) and mastercrafted recipes ("Voidpiercer's" gear prefix name) as well as shadowy or Empyran recipes using a special new tier of shadowy rares. I'll go into more details on the recipes "soon". We are still waiting on explanations of many things, as well as the addition of ammo recipes and carpenter recipes.
24 hours before launch there were still many questions and things that were unresolved on beta that were being worked on during the patch lockdown at the end of beta. This means that a lot of updates will happen after this goes live.
The essentials ("Primer") books will be available for purchase after the third quest in the crafting sigline - they are NOT yet patched to be there. (They were accidentally tied to the adventure line instead of the crafting line.) We have seen some advanced books drop from Overseer missions and possibly from researcher tasks as well. We do not know where we will find the books that use the shadowy rares. Caith was too swamped with itemization and recipes that he didn't really have the time to respond.
- Alchemist - potion recipes, 4 debuff poison recipes, zero damaging poison recipes. Fighter Journeyman recipes in the Studies book, Adept (yes, Adept) recipes in the advanced books (4 rares needed and it will vary which rares), Expert Recipes in the Shadowed rare books (1 shadow rare, 2 food rares needed for each)
- Armorer - chain, plate and merc armor, including Empyran sets with shadowy rares.
- Carpenter - ummm. We know we're getting a bunch of recipes. In most cases, we can't confirm which ones come from which books because the Studies books weren't released on beta, and the Advanced ones were only dropping in reward crates. We DO know that the fuel tier was wrong on the Advanced ones, but we don't know if it will be fixed before it goes live.
- Jeweler - more jewelry options than you can shake a stick at, plus mercenary badges/accolades, belts, Scout Journeyman (handcrafted), Adept (mastercrafted - 4 rares), Expert (1 shadowy rare, 2 food rares)
- Provisioner - Food, drink, and snacks. Many, many snacks. There are also 2 rare food and 2 rare drink recipes, and more food rares types than in the past. (You will have to fight with the spell/CA crafters for those food rares, though, as they'll be used for Adepts and Experts.) 1 food recipe was still bugged in beta.
- Sage - Mage & Priest Journeyman (handcrafted), Adept (mastercrafted - 4 rares), Expert (1 shadowy rare, 2 food rares)
- Tailor - Cloth and leather armor plus cloaks in handcrafted, mastercrafted and mastercrafted fabled (Empyran/shadowy)
- Weaponsmith - Primary and secondary items, including all symbols and shields, also thrown ranged slot weapons (satchel, etc). Some of the axe/blade recipes were jumbled and askew on beta and will need rechecking once this is live. Thrown ammo recipes are missing.
- Woodworker - Wooden weapons, bows, crossbows. Ammo (arrow, bolt) recipes are missing.
Crafted gear, including mastercrafted and mastercrafted fabled was no-value, no transmute, no salvage still at the end of beta. This will impact the source of transmuting bits for white adornments, and salvaged bits for infusers.
- Adorning - a few white adorns scattered across several books. The ingredients for them seemed a bit off in beta, and more eyes will be needed when it goes live.
- Infusers - the book will be all-class, source unknown. These weren't properly tested in beta due to the fact that crafters couldn't access a large supply of the salvaged mats without also going out and adventuring for gear drops, and time was and is finite.
- Tinkering - several recipes in several books, most for the temporary buff adorns, plus forcelink, painlink and powerlink. The energy inverter recipe was bugged at the end of beta and will need a re-check after this is live.
- Refining - while harvested non-food rares could be refined, they were still not yielding refined stats on gear crafted with them. This will need to be re-checked once this goes live.
Wait, What? Shadowy Rares?
We are granted a "shadow prospecting" skill during the tradeskill signature line, and several skill boosts for the ability before the end of the line. However, that alone won't do you much good. You will also need the Shadowed Staff of Luclin from the end of the TS line to actually fire off the ability. We never, ever, got a formal explanation of the skill (yes, we asked many times), but it looks like the ability can be used off the staff every 2(?) hours to search for seeping shadows for 5 minutes. Once you successfully find one, you have the ability for 30 seconds before it goes into cooldown. We never got to test it because the staff stats never made it onto the beta server before the end, so this is another thing that needs to be revisited once folks complete the TS line (including the research needed for the staff pieces).
And that, in a nutshell is about all we know about it, and much of that was figured out from the examine information on the staff.
Other Harvesting Stuff
There will be 111-120 commons, rares and shadowy rares.
- Coalesced Stone Cluster - Luclizite Cluster (rare: prime luclizite cluster)
- Crawling Root Break - Slow Creeping Root (rare: jumping creeper)
- Fallen Branch - Hornbeam Spruce Log (rare: Wracked Wood Wedge)
- Lunar Berry Bush - Radiant Algae, Lunar Mushroom, Slow Creeping Root (rare: Lunar Pome, Shrieking Mushroom)
- Rockhopper Den - Rockhopper Meat, Hardened Zelniak Pelt (rare: Lustrous Rockhopper Hide, Zelniak Steak)
- School of Guppies - Splitfin Dartfish (rare: Lantern Hogfish)
- Soft Metal Vein - Humming Azurite (rare: Humming Sapphire Gem)
This expansion will see an upgrade for the Obulus Frontier Garden AND the artisan's pack pony AND guild harvesters. This news came from Gninja:
Obulus Garden, Guildhall Harvesters, and Pack Pony have all been upgraded, including a new appearance for the pack pony. However, you will not be able to harvest any rares from either of them until you have finished the tradeskill Signature quest line for Blood of Luclin for each character you want to be able to get rares. It is not an account wide unlock.
There is one achievement for completing the Piercing the Darkness tradeskill signature line in Luclin. There is no reward information yet.
There is one chain of achievements for harvesting, and I only have preliminary information for I, II and III. For now, know that Lunar Harvester I is 1000 successful harvests in Luclin, and it gave me 112,000 status at level 120/120. Lunar Harvester II picks up from there and wants 10,000 successful harvests. (It does count the 1000+ you did for the first achieve, so you start out with the first thousand done when you start the second achievement.) It also granted a chunk of status. Lunar Harvester III picks up from there, credits you for the first 10,000 that you already harvested, and has you perform a total of 100,000 successful harvests in Luclin.
To make it clear, "successfully harvest" means to pull resources from the node by a manual harvest or a bountiful harvest. Pack pony does not count. Number of materials you gain on a pull don't count. So, for a fresh node, you get 3 successful harvests as your base, 4 successful harvests credited if you do the 3 pulls and get 1 bountiful harvest and so on.
There is no reward information displaying on these achievements on beta, and no word if there will be any other than the status or not. If I hear differently, I will update this article accordingly.
All the furniture was dropped on me in a lump. It took several hours just to get all the 150+ images taken, editing, coded, etc. We still cannot verify the sources for all of the furniture, especially given the lack of the carpenter books on beta, but at least you can see it all! The BoL Furniture Gallery was quickly followed by the BoL Furniture Gallery Part II and then the BoL Furniture Gallery Part III - Block Sets due to the sheer number of images there are.
Videos and Other Eye-Candy
There will be likely more videos incoming, since launch day is fast approaching, but for now, there is just one:
Persistent Mercenary Buffs?
This is another thing that wasn't documented for live. Zamsari managed to rescue the notes for this and the Overseer system from the beta forums before they went poof, so we have some information on the Mercenary Battalion Buffs.
Article Change Tracking
Times are in Pacific time.
- December 3, 11 p.m. Initial article published
- December 4, 1:38 a.m. A short story page has been started, with a couple goodies on there for you.
- December 5, 2:17 p.m. Dropped in a quick little bit about new tradeskill achievements. Still a LOT of things going on, changing, etc. and a fresh beta patch went in just now, so I'll be busy retesting things before I do any more writing.
- December 9, 9:23 p.m. Since I am waiting on a patch tomorrow or the next day, I have been working on a massive, massive project, involving well over 100 screenshots that needed to be edited, labeled, etc. When they are ready, I will post again with links. It is worth the wait. :)
- Dec. 9, 10:10 p.m. I took a quick break from screenshot manipulating to do a quick video tour of the Sanctus Seru Promenade prestige home that will come with the Collector's and better editions of the BoL expansion.
- Dec. 10, 1:42 a.m. Sleep is badly needed before I code another 100+ images onto the page, but the BoL Furniture Gallery has been added.
- Dec. 10, 12:14 p.m. Merry Frostfell! :P Enjoy the gift of more images. The BoL Furniture Gallery was updated with a lot of images, and got so huge that I also created a BoL Furniture Gallery Part II. I'll be adding more to that second page after lunch. I also added a (very) brief blurb about shadow prospecting up in the harvesting section.
- Dec. 10, 1:13 p.m. I am splitting out the two full building block sets onto the BoL Furniture Gallery Part III page. Images about to go on it now, before I drop back into silence as I work on other things.
- Dec. 10, 6:31 p.m. Placeholder article now up for the BoL Tradeskill Signature Line and a small bit of eye candy added to it.
- Dec. 11, 12:15 a.m. The first chunk of quest walkthrough is up on that BoL Tradeskill Signature Line page is complete. I will add the placeholder for the second chunk in a few minutes, before I call it a night.
- Dec. 11, 11:50 p.m. It was a busy day rl, so I didn't get as much done as I had hoped, but the writeup for the second chapter of the sigline is complete.
- Dec. 12, 4:26 p.m. The writeup for the third chapter of the ts sigline is up, and the start of the 4th chapter. Still no sign of carpenter recipes, still a lot of recipe bugs to document, etc., etc., etc. I'm having a hard time with energy and pain, but doing chunks as able. I'll be adding a couple images to the third chunk of quest walkthrough, then getting a badly-needed massage before I go back to many more hours of w*rk tonight (both testing and writing).
- Dec. 13, 1:17 p.m. Spinning in circles doing too many things again, and it will only get more crazed from here. To tide you over, here is the total redo of the Sanctus Seru Promenade tour - the outside was added, and, well, I've still not had the time to sit down with my video editing software to learn how to properly edit things there.
- Dec. 13, 7:12 p.m. There is more of the quest writeup done, more spinning in circles, much spot-checking after a patch for changes/fixes/breaks and even a BoL Crafted Armor Appearances page now.
- Dec. 15: 2:46 p.m. Between yesterday and today so far, I have finished up the BoL Tradeskill Signature Line writeups and added details about the staff reward. The furniture pages have also been updated with confirmed sources for *some* of the furniture, but there's a lot that can't be confirmed until after launch. The handcrafted carpenter books weren't put on the beta server for recipe bug checking, and the advanced have been from Overseer rewards, adventure drops and the like (so I've been able to bug-check two :O) There is lots still going on and a ton of work for me left to do in fleshing this article out more. I am working on it.
- December 15, 10:47 p.m. The videos section above now contains video tours of the three Luclin overland zones, and a quick run around Sanctus Seru and the Fabrication Hall. These videos are done in no-flight mode so that crafters can see the areas as they will on-foot before they unlock the ability to fly in Luclin.
- Dec. 16, 12:25 a.m. Ocarinah did house item preview videos and they are now linked into this article. I will cross-link them to the three BoL furniture pages after sleeeeeeep.
- Dec. 16, 5:29 p.m. Added a bit to the Overseer section, added a breakdown of recipes by class as much as able, added a bit on shadowed rares, added basic info on researchers, added a harvestables list, updated a couple quest pages, added details on a third harvesting achievement.
- Dec. 16, 11:01 p.m. I added a couple crafting instance videos to go with the quest walkthroughs. The patch in the morning will start at 7 a.m. Pacific and the current downtime estimate is "up to 6 hours"
- Dec. 17, 3:43 p.m. I'll drop in the preorder Seru Furniture recipes later. For now, I've updated when the researchers unlock and testing more things before a big info dump.
- Dec. 17, 5:44 p.m. It seems the essentials recipes are accidentally locked behind completion of the third quest in the adventure sig line instead of the third quest in the crafting sig line. It will be fixed ASAP
- Dec. 18, 1:27 p.m. Last night I updated a large chunk of the BoL furniture pages with source information for handcrafted carpenter items and for the ones purchased on the Sanctus Seru furniture merchant. I'll juggle images on those pages around soon so it is more easy to see which comes from where. Today, I have put together a quick video of the Overseer System and I am about to do all the image editing and such for the Collector's+ Sanctus Seru Promenade Furniture Recipes
- Dec. 18, 2:22 p.m. The Node Knows article has been updated
- Dec. 18, 7:35 p.m. Added the images for the Sanctus Seru Promenade Furniture set which comes from a /claim recipe book for those who purchased the Collector's or Premium editions
- Dec. 22, 7:24 p.m. Added 12 more images of researched house items to the bottom of the first BoL furniture page. I'll work on splitting the images from those pages into proper categories soon.
- Dec. 29 SO much is waiting on further patches, which won't happen until the 7th of January and beyond. While in a holding pattern, however, I have made Notes on the Overseer system and notes on notes on Persistent Mercenary Buffs available.
- Jan 10, 2020 (2:21 a.m. - yes, insomnia stinks!): Added a Shadow Harvesting 101 guide. Also added a few more images to the furniture pages. I hope to edit those furniture pages to break into proper categories soon, now that we've found most of the sources.
Created: 2019-12-04 06:59:41
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2020-01-10 10:23:54
© 2003-17 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Sony Online Entertainment LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.