Last month, folks on Test server noticed the appearance of some mysterious mushroom rings in various forested areas of Norrath.
These rings are only visible when the phase of the moon is right ... which appears to correspond to the 20th of every Earth month (PST time zone).
Those who wish to investigate where the mushroom rings may take them should therefore keep their eyes open this weekend, and around the 20th of each month in the future!
We hope this regularly occurring little mini event will give you something to look forward to each month. And if you happen to miss it one month, it's not long till the next time the rings appear!
Domino, SOE forums, 18 June 2009.
Ah, the mysterious, magical mushroom rings of my dream back then appeared for real! Huzzah! That means you need more details on this monthly event!
Portals Into Magical Grottos
When the moon is just so, five magical mushroom rings will appear in Norrath. Each time they appear, which will be once a month for the 20th and 21st, they will stay for 2 days (barring any creative bugs, extra bonus time, etc.)
These mushroom rings will appear in five locations:
- Antonica - Archer's Woods (-696, -4, 621)
- Darklight Woods - the mushroom area up near werewolves (16, -32, -236)
- Nektulos Forest - near the wizard spires(-368, 1, -680)
- Enchanted Lands - near the wizard spires (-282, 6, 13)
- Greater Faydark - in the Nursery (-132, -44, -771)
In each case, you will click on the ring to be transported to a solo instance. (In the cases where fighting is required, the instance will scale to your level.)
When you arrive in each instance, the residents of that specific grotto will ask you to perform one or two tasks for them, and will reward you with an heirloom Elemental Token in return. The heirloom tokens for all five grottos are the same, allowing you to earn them across several alts, pool them together, and spend them in whichever instance(s) you prefer.
Other Important Notes
- Two of the instances require minor combat that should be easily soloable (down-arrow mobs).
- Three instances (Nek Forest, Darklight Woods, Greater Faydark) offer a second quest, but you must be at least artisan level 2 in order to obtain them. These three crafting quests are repeatable.
- The main quest in each instance can only be completed once per month per character. You can also collect one shiny per instance per month per character.
- Each instance spawns one purple glowie, for a grotto-specific collection (5 total collections, 1 from each grotto, see the individual grotto pages below for details on the quest reward). This glowie will not respawn, so one glowie available for grabbing per character per grotto per month. The glowies can be traded, so you can juggle amongst alts, go on broker binges, etc. Remember - if you don't finish a collection this month, you have a chance to fill in the gaps next month, the month after, etc. It is also good to note that if you can't find the glowie in an instance, you can always exit, pick up a gnomish divining rod, and return to the instance, as long as you can do so before the event is over for that month. (The crafter prestige ability to track harvestables also works to find it.) There is now also an achievement for completing all the grotto glowie collections (see the bottom of the page).
- Each grotto has a vendor with items unique to that specific grotto. Most of these items are furniture items that can be traded, but there are a few exceptions here and there.
- The furniture items each cost 1 Elemental Token apiece.
- This is meant as something small and fun that can be easily completed without a huge time expenditure. While I know the furniture addicts will obsess about getting everything immediately, the event is going to be a regular monthly feature, so if you miss something, there's always another chance down the road. :D
Due to the number of items offered on the vendors, they have been broken down by grotto location. (Click on the grotto names below.) The below galleries include the twenty-five (five in each instance) new furniture items that were added on August 20, 2014.
The above achievement was added to the game on August 19, 2014, as a reward for completing the five Enchanted Grotto collections. The item reward is a replica of the mushroom rings. This means it does NOT work as a portal.
The achievement was retroactive, meaning that anyone who has already completed the collections in question receive the award when they log in after this Aug. 19 patch. Due to a bug with coding, folks who have not finished the collections are also receiving the achievement and reward, but this will soon be fixed.
The following items were added to the vendor offerings on Aug. 20, 2014. Images will be added to the appropriate galleries in the next couple of days:
- Enchanted Brownie Grotto - Small Blueleaf Sapling, Misty Goldleaf Sapling, Verdant Goldleaf Sapling, Small Russet Blueleaf Sapling, Verdant Goldleaf Seedling
- Enchanted Dryad Grotto - Misty Vesspyr Bellplant, Small Blueleaf Seedling, Small Misty Vesspyr Bellplant, Young Darkleaf Sapling, Young Misty Darkleaf Sapling
- Enchanted Fay Grotto - Lavender Shrub, Greying Shrub, Forest Emerald Seedling, Broadleaf Plant, Blueleaf Hanging Tendril
- Enchanted Naiad Grotto - Blueleaf Shrub, Misty Emerald Seedling, Misty Hanging Tendril, Small Verdant Blueleaf Sapling, Small Verdant Blueleaf Seedling
- Enchanted Zygomid Grotto - Large Vesspyr Grass, Lavender Hanging Tendril, Lavender Vesspyr Bellplant, Small Lavender Vesspyr Bellplant, Small Misty Blueleaf Sapling
Created: 2009-06-18 02:32:16
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2014-08-20 12:10:49
© 2003-17 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Sony Online Entertainment LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.