Once you complete the Planes of Prophecy tradeskill signature line, you will be allowed to obtain the crafting missions from the Coliseum of Valor. The harvesting quests unlock with the completion of the third quest in the same sig line. Since the signature line had to be well-tested before the issues with these missions were resolved, it will take a bit to get full details on timing, quest details, etc., but I'll fill this in as able. Things on these may still change a bit, so please notify me with any additions or corrections.
Hilgrid, Far Seas Attache is standing on top of a table in the area with the adventuring mission givers. (/way -136.33 1.41 -105.45) She's the spitting image of Niami, other than the fact that she's probably an inch or two taller than Mum. Of course, Mum says that's because she's barefoot, and her doppleganger probably has that extra height due height built into her armored boots. ;D
Note: You might not want to camp out on top of the table with Hilgrid, or you may find yourself wedged solidly under the table upon your return. :D
Daily Harvesting Missions
Every day you will be able to obtain three harvesting quests:
- Mining Magic: 30 etherium, 30 gnarled entwood, 30 golden ember
- Hunting Magic: 30 greatmole meat, 30 nightmare cichlid, 30 plumewit hide
- Gathering Magic: 30 deadly mushrooms, 30 rock fern, 30 storm stalks
Items that your pony dumps into your bags as bonus harvests do NOT count. You DO get to keep these harvests after the quest completes.
Harvesting quests are obtained either from the NPC in Valor or from guild harvester NPCs. In the case of the guild harvesters, however, at last check they cannot be out harvesting when you try to get the quests from them. We don't know if this will change or not. In any event, you'd have to hail all three harvesters to get their respective quest (mining from the miner, etc.)
Reward for each currently is 1p 66g 32s, 48000 status, 2 tears of ro, and a harvesting rewards bag (includes chance for rares) The bag gives you appropriate PoP commons for that type of mission (gathering, mining, hunting), plus can give you a PoP rare or two (including essence of magic!)
Every day you will be able to pick up a daily mission from Hilgrid in the Coliseum of Valor. Reset time is apparently at 5 p.m. Pacific.
- A Restitch in Time: Security Measures. Enter Plane of Innovation: Security Measures [Tradeskill] through the portal at -94, 3, 163. You will start this re-run through the zone at the steampipes, and can collect EMDs (10 at a time) from the crate at /way 21, 7, -352. You then need to go to the control room,
and mostly repeat the actions from the sig quest from that point forward. (Instead of talking to Meldrath, the blueprints for repairing the hackbot are a popup reward when you enter the room.)
- A Restitch in Time: Lightning Strikes. Skip the first couple steps (talking to Karana and the giant) of the Lightning Strikes writeup for the sig line, and dive in on the harvesting of orbs amd such. You will also skip the firing stage with Edlias, and go directly to placing the lightning rods
- A Restitch in Time: Rebirth. Enter Solusek Ro's Tower [Tradeskill] (exact name not handy at the moment.) From the same mobs/spots as you used for the signature line for this instance, harvest 15 obsidian shard, 12 condensed magma, and 6 sulphur ash. You will also need 25 celestial coal. Craft the obsidian incubation vessel at the wall of fire where you crafted it last time, fire it times 4 on those vents, gather the ashes, place the vessel where you did the last time, herd flame sparks again (yeeeeeha, git along l'il doggies!), deal with the hangry phoenix hatchling, leave the zone. Rewards: 15000 status, planar mission reward crate, 1 p 66g 32s, 2 tears of ro
- A Restitch in Time: Tomb of Goo. A relatively quick run through Plane of Disease: Crypt of Decay [Tradeskill], this mirrors the Disease part of the sig line quest A Stitch in Time Part III: From Birth to Tombs
- A Restitch in Time: Eye Spy. Zone out to the Plane of Magic and enter the Shard of Hate: Eye Spy [Tradeskill] through the portal at /way -761, 347, 1044.
Then use the Shard of Hate section of this walkthrough for a reminder on materials to bring, locations you need to go to, etc.
Note that these reward crates are the same crates that adventurers can get from daily missions. That may not be so handy if you don't have a high level adventurer, but the status is a good thing, and you'll eventually be happy to have those extra tears of ro. (We've also asked for something that the non-adventuring crafters can use, but since we're asking at the nth hour, anything we do end up getting will likely have to be patched in later.)
"A Restitch in Time": Complete 3 tradeskill missions - Reward is 25 tears of ro, 15 moonstone crystal, weekly planar mission reward crate, 84000 status, 4p 15g 80s. You will have 14 days before the mission expires. A new weekly should open up on Thursdays, providing you do not have a weekly still in your book. (i.e., finish the weekly on Saturday, and the following Thursday you will be offered a new weekly. Pick up the weekly on a Tuesday, and don't finish until Thursday? Wait another week to be able to pick up another.
Now, one thing to note is that those moonstone crystals can be traded in, along with status, for special reward crates. Note that these are adventuring reward crates, which turns out to be a potentially good thing, in my eyes. These crates have a small chance to reward you with a fabled gear item. Said gear items can be transmuted and give you a chance at a Planar mana. Since non-adventurers were looking for a way to get any planar mana at all, without having to sell off their firstborn, here is a very slow path, but a path, nonetheless ...
Trading in Your Stones
While this may still be tweaked to give a more crafter-centric reward, this is what we are seeing now, and it may/may not stay that way. See the paragraph just above this section for the possible silver lining for those who realllly want planar mana for orange adorn crafting, but don't want to adventure to get a chance at them.
When you have received moonstone crystal from completing your tradeskill missions, you can then head to Plane of Valor and open a merchant transaction with Jihjen at /way -29, 0, 169
10 moonstone crystal and 250p will allow you to purchase a polished moonstone crystal.
The fire elemental standing/floating near her is Iks Fenn at /way -40, 0, 169. Open a merchant transaction with it and you can trade that polished moonstone crystal for a "mysterious moonstone" reward crate.
Created: 2018-02-12 07:54:44
Last Modified By: Niami Denmother
Last Modified on: 2018-02-18 08:50:25
© 2003-17 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Sony Online Entertainment LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.